Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Filing the I-130, I-485 package

Filing the I-130, I-485 package

Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the rough
Default Filing the I-130, I-485 package

We are about to file our AOS package (I-130, I-485, etc ...) in the DC (Ballston, VA) office. They accept filing in person.
To file it in person do we both need to go? My USC wife would have to take a day off to do it... so can I file it alone? or she needs to be present to file the I-130?

The lawyer we consulted told us to file by mail anyway....
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:27 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing the I-130, I-485 package

Mr.Z

The lawyer you consulted gave you god advice.

Originally posted by Mr. Z19
We are about to file our AOS package (I-130, I-485, etc ...) in the DC (Ballston, VA) office. They accept filing in person.
To file it in person do we both need to go? My USC wife would have to take a day off to do it... so can I file it alone? or she needs to be present to file the I-130?

The lawyer we consulted told us to file by mail anyway....
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing the I-130, I-485 package

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Mr.Z

The lawyer you consulted gave you god advice.

God advice?!?!? I guess some lawyers do think they are God.

Leslie