Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa options USA

Fiance visa options USA

Old Sep 8th 2017, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa options USA

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The answer could be "The sponsor is the USC fiance's uncle".
Sorry - but no, it can't. The question is about the relationship between the beneficiary and the sponsor... and the USC fiancé isn't the beneficiary - and so shouldn't even be mentioned. There is no relationship between the sponsor and the beneficiary... and it's perfectly okay to say that there is no relationship.

Ian
Old Sep 8th 2017, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Kapan is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand however is there any requirement that I should be related to the sponsor in one way or another? Will they not ask me at the interview ?
Old Sep 8th 2017, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapan
... is there any requirement that I should be related to the sponsor in one way or another?
No. There is no requirement whatsoever that the sponsor and beneficiary be related in any manner at all. It's completely irrelevant.

Will they not ask me at the interview ?
Yes, they might - but it won't matter. It's completely irrelevant.

Ian
Old Sep 8th 2017, 7:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand however is there any requirement that I should be related to the sponsor in one way or another? Will they not ask me at the interview ?
No, there is no such requirement.

Rene
Old Sep 8th 2017, 7:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sorry - but no, it can't. The question is about the relationship between the beneficiary and the sponsor... and the USC fiancé isn't the beneficiary - and so shouldn't even be mentioned. There is no relationship between the sponsor and the beneficiary... and it's perfectly okay to say that there is no relationship.

Ian
My father completed an I-134 for one of my USC friend's fiance. My father wrote an explanation, something like "USC fiance's friend's father". Right or wrong, it was approved. Relationship doesn't always mean by blood. I took it to mean just how they know each other.

Just my opinion, right or wrong.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Sep 12th 2017 at 12:03 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all for advice.
I am just putting everything together for the interview.
My petition is valid until 13/11/2017, does this mean that I can go for the interview until that date ?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for advice.
I am just putting everything together for the interview.
My petition is valid until 13/11/2017, does this mean that I can go for the interview until that date ?
It will be extended at the interview if that date has passed.

You may want to take an updated letter from your fiance saying still plan to wed in 90 days.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, will do
Old Oct 18th 2017, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,
need some help again. So i went back to India to get my birth certificate and to my surprise my parents told me that they have mis-placed it, so then i went to the registrar who informed that it can take a long time to re-issue a birth certificate and they cannot write the non-availability letter as the birth was registered. I am confused at what to do. What other evidence can i provide to satisfy their requirement and has anyone been in a situation like this?
Documents i have : Photocopy of my birth certificate, school leaving certificate (original), affidavit from both the parents.

Should this be enough?

Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2017, 5:14 pm

You can't provide what you don't have. Get started ordering a new original. At the interview, don't mention anything about it unless you are specifically asked for it. If you are asked, tell them what you're doing to get it, and if it's something they really need they will postpone via approval until you provide the document.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2017, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, it is confusing because they mention "Birth certificate" as a required document in one website and not the other.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc...red-documents/ says it is required

https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nce-k-1.html#6 does not mention it

When I called the london branch of US embassy to ask they referred me to the second website.

Should I submit what I have (alt evidence of birth) with the pack or only give if they ask for it?

Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:11 pm

You are talking about the in -person interview, right? I would take it all with you, but only show if specifically asked.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Yes the in person interview. It says birth certificate required in one of the links and not the other.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:39 pm

Yes the in person interview. It says birth certificate required in one of the links and not the other.
Bring what you have. If they ask for a birth certificate, show then the photocopy and explain why you don't have an original. If they want to see more proof, show them your other docs. The officer will decide based on what you have in hand.

In the meantime, I'd start the process of getting an original, and you can also show then this at the interview, if they ask.

Rene
Old Oct 19th 2017, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.