Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa options USA

Fiance visa options USA

Old Aug 29th 2017, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa options USA

Originally Posted by Kapan
Hello All,
When does the visa validity start from. From the date of the health assessment or when you attend the interview? I remember someone mentioning that it starts from the date of health assessment but how do they know that I will be getting a visa at that time?
Thanks
Visa is 6 months from the date of the medical. You can't have a medical without invitation for a visa interview.

and second question: Do i need to supply the affidavit of support for this step, if I am applying for K1 fiance visa?

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc...red-documents/ it says:
"K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form. However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set for that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer."
You will need to take a I-134 from a USC / PR to the interview.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 4:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,
When does the visa validity start from. From the date of the health assessment or when you attend the interview? I remember someone mentioning that it starts from the date of health assessment ....
Not quite. The visa (obviously) isn't valid until you have had your visa interview and been approved, but the six month window during which the visa is valid starts on the date of your medical.

In other words the visa interview determines the start date, and the medical determines the end date (six months later) of the validity of the visa.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 29th 2017 at 5:03 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Not quite. The visa isn't valid until you have had your visa interview and been approved, but the six month window during which the visa is valid starts on the date of your medical.

In other words the visa interview determines the start date, and the medical determines the end date of the validity of the visa.
Good way of explaining it.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 5:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,
When does the visa validity start from. From the date of the health assessment or when you attend the interview? I remember someone mentioning that it starts from the date of health assessment but how do they know that I will be getting a visa at that time?
Thanks
The visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of the medical exam. The embassy receives the exam results, so they know the date it was done.

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2017, 5:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

and second question: Do i need to supply the affidavit of support for this step, if I am applying for K1 fiance visa?

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc...red-documents/ it says:
"K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form. However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set for that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer."
Yes, take the I-134 package with you to your visa interview.

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2017, 5:39 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The visa will be valid for 6 months from the date of the medical exam. .....
I know we have all been using that wording for several years, but that isn't actually correct. The visa is not "valid .... from the date of the medical exam" ..... the visa isn't valid until it has been approved at the interview.

The visa is valid from the date of approval at the interview until six months after the date of the medical exam.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Kapan is an unknown quantity at this point

Got it, thanks for clarifying
Old Aug 30th 2017, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Whilst completing DS-160 i came across some questions that weren't as straight forward so hoping to get some help:

1. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with USCIS? Yes/No
My fiance in the US has filed for fiance K1 visa petition this year.As far as i know that is a non-immigrant petition so should i answer No this?

2. Do you have any documents to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with the US law?
I don't know where to get this list. How do i go about checking what their requirements are?

Thanks
Old Aug 30th 2017, 1:21 pm

1. Correct.
2. US Embassy London website.

Rene
Old Aug 30th 2017, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

1. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with USCIS? Yes/No
You're correct - the answer is no.

2. Do you have any documents to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with the US law?
The answer is yes - because vaccinations are covered during your medical. In addition to Rene's suggestion, you can also check the CDC web site - which is the source for London's information.

Ian
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you both.
With regards to the affidavit of support form I-134, we were thinking of using another relative who is happy to sponsor as my fiance currently doesn't have the necessary income needed. In this case should we consider this to be joint sponsor case or can the relative alone act as the only sponsor?
I have heard mixed things hence why checking. Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:40 pm

There is no joint sponsor for the I-134.

The relative would fill out the I-134 and supply the backup evidence required.

Rene
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

In this case should we consider this to be joint sponsor case or can the relative alone act as the only sponsor?
So long as they are over 18, living in the US, and either a USC or a PR... anyone can be the sponsor for the I-134. Anyone at all.

I have heard mixed things hence why checking.
There is not now, nor has there ever been, such thing as a joint sponsor for an I-134.

There can be a joint sponsor for the I-864... but that doesn't happen until after the marriage and you're filing to adjust status. Similarly, a joint sponsor must be over 18, living in the US, and either a USC or PR.

Ian
Old Sep 4th 2017, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Another questions from my fiance who is the US citizen (acting as petitioner):

"In my G-325a form, I mentioned that I have been unemployed (which was a mistake due to my situation at the time). I filled out the form on July 2017, but I was officially employed beginning of January 2017. I wish I could have stated that on the form at the time but I didn;t know of my official employment status. At the time (and it still is the case now if I am not able to change my information on the forms I have already filled) my plan was to get an affidavit of support for my fiancee from my uncle. I wonder if me being unemployed will affect my case for my fiance being approved for fiancee visa. My petition for fiancee visa has already been accepted and now my fiancee is filling out her forms and getting ready to schedule her interview at the US embassy in UK. I am wondering if she should declare my employment status so as to accurately reflect my current circumstance or whether we should make it match with my previously filled out G-325a form. "

In the DS-160 form, I have to state his employment type: Professional | Business | student | unemployed etc. and given this I am confused as to what to enter.

Help please
Old Sep 4th 2017, 3:18 pm

Fill out the DS-160 form as it pertains to your fiancé's employment situation today. They aren't going to go back and look at the G-325A form. It's a non-issue.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.