Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa options USA

Fiance visa options USA

Old Jan 4th 2017, 2:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance visa options USA

Something that I like to impress upon anyone dealing with USCIS or the US Consulate/Embassy is that whenever you submit forms and evidence you should always make a complete copy of the submitted application and evidence. Use a binder clip to hold it all together and label it accordingly, i.e. I-129F submission 1/1/2017. At some point, you might need to look at exactly what you sent.

Also do not send originals unless you have multiple originals on hand, i.e. birth certificate, etc. Please note that birth certificates, marriage certificates are NOT originals but state/city copies of the original which is in their possession. Be sure that the copies have all the filing marks shown.

All signatures must be original and not faxed or e-mail copies. Sign the forms in blue ink, if at all possible as that will indicate that the signature is original.

Last edited by Rete; Jan 4th 2017 at 2:49 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapan
Thanks again, found it from the instructions:
If you're going to follow the K-1 process, you might want to have a look at our K-1 Wiki article. There is a lot of information there, and it may also answer some of your questions that you won't then need to ask.

Ian
Old Jan 5th 2017, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Kapan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, i have been reading a lot. One thing that slighlty surprises me is that they don't ask for copies of my passport or visa stamped pages for the I-129F Petition filing. Only the petitioner has to submit his passport copies.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 2:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The I-129F is the petitioner's form. You are the beneficiary. They have no need of your passport or to know if you have ever held a visa or have any entry stamps under the VWP. Your turn will come when you are doing the Consulate portion for the Fiancee Visa. They will just need your passport then to have the K-1 inserted.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that slighlty surprises me is that they don't ask for copies of my passport or visa stamped pages for the I-129F Petition filing.
Rete is correct. As I mentioned earlier, immigration is a 2-step process. As far as US immigration is concerned, you don't yet exist - you're just a name on a form. You won't exist until such time as the I-129F is approved and you're invited to apply for the K-1 visa.

Ian
Old Jan 5th 2017, 2:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, i have been reading a lot. One thing that slighlty surprises me is that they don't ask for copies of my passport or visa stamped pages for the I-129F Petition filing. Only the petitioner has to submit his passport copies.
Your USC fiance CAN use copies of your passport stamps to prove you've met in person, though.

Rene
Old Jan 5th 2017, 5:56 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your USC fiance CAN use copies of your passport stamps to prove you've met in person, though.

Rene
At the very least it will prove you were in the same country at the same time

In 'proving' you had met in person, photos of the two of you together or in the same place but each person is shown individually in the photo. Or a photo with you with their relative, i.e. mom, dad, sister, brother, great grand uncle. Hotel receipts, ticket stubs for a show that you both attended together (we used our stubs from a Moody Blues Concert at Jones Beach). Be creative!
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Thats a very good suggestion, I have booking confirmation but is visa stamps are going to help too, i might include that.
I have been looking around for an example of "Letter of intent to marry". Are there any of this site. I am not sure what information should be there on this letter other than the fact that I am old enough to marry, and freely choosing the decsion and intent to marry in the 90 days of my arrival into the US? Any examples?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a very good suggestion, I have booking confirmation but is visa stamps are going to help too, i might include that.
I have been looking around for an example of "Letter of intent to marry". Are there any of this site. I am not sure what information should be there on this letter other than the fact that I am old enough to marry, and freely choosing the decsion and intent to marry in the 90 days of my arrival into the US? Any examples?
That's all it needs to say. Nothing formal. Just a simple statement saying you are free to marry and intend to do so within 90 days of arrival.

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2017, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

I have been filing out a G-325A form as I-129F petition expects one to be submitted for the petittioner and the beneficiary. Since I am a British i do not have a Alien Reg number, shall i leave this blank.
Also, i am assuming details such as "Last 5 years of addresss" "Last 5 years of employment" would be my details?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been filing out a G-325A form as I-129F petition expects one to be submitted for the petittioner and the beneficiary. Since I am a British i do not have a Alien Reg number, shall i leave this blank.
Also, i am assuming details such as "Last 5 years of addresss" "Last 5 years of employment" would be my details?
If it's your form that you're filling out then all the details are for you.

Don't leave fields empty. If you don't have an alien number then write "None".
Old Jan 6th 2017, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

I have been filing out a G-325A...
Both of you will complete a G-325A. You complete one with your info, your fiancé will complete one with his info.

By the way, the G-325A is a legacy form that was not (but should have been) done away with when the INS was disbanded almost 14 years ago. Its importance is inversely proportional to the anxiety it causes... so don't worry about it too much - or at all.

Ian
Old Jan 7th 2017, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you
Old Jan 15th 2017, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Need some help again. Filling out the I-129F petition and there is a question on:

Did you meet your fiancé(e) or spouse through the
services of an international marriage broker?

We met through a online matrimonial site and I think this comes in the category of "IMBRA"

The following question asks:
"f you answered “Yes,” provide the Internet and/or Street Address below. In additional, attach a copy of the signed, written consent form the IMB obtained from your beneficiary authorizing the release of your beneficiary's personal contact information to you. If additional space is needed, attach a separate sheet of paper."

I can provide the internet address but other than that I am not sure what else I need to give as there was notihng esle that i recieved from the site.
Help please
Old Jan 15th 2017, 8:29 pm

Did you meet your fiancé(e) or spouse through the
services of an international marriage broker?

We met through a online matrimonial site and I think this comes in the category of "IMBRA"
Maybe, maybe not. What was the site, if you don't mind sharing?

The following question asks:
"f you answered “Yes,” provide the Internet and/or Street Address below. In additional, attach a copy of the signed, written consent form the IMB obtained from your beneficiary authorizing the release of your beneficiary's personal contact information to you. If additional space is needed, attach a separate sheet of paper."

I can provide the internet address but other than that I am not sure what else I need to give as there was notihng esle that i recieved from the site.
Help please
My guess is that if you don't have the specific "signed, written consent form the IMB obtained from your beneficiary", then it probably wasn't an international marriage broker and you can safely say "no" to that question.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.