Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa options USA

Fiance visa options USA

Old Nov 9th 2017, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Kapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiance visa options USA

I attended the interview at the embassy after my medical assessment.
At the medical assessment they requested for additional details which was sent to them and having spoken to the assessment team they have sent the medical results to the embassy on Thursday last week.
The interviewer told me that everything is fine and gave me a blue slip saying we have to wait for your medical results. The blue slip says once you have obtained the documents requested please go on to ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb and click on Print instructions an then view courier in receipt......
I went on to this site but there is no link called "print instructions" so i started looking for a number to contact them but the only number i could find was for appointments.
I am confused as to what to do as the medical results were sent to the embassy by the medical doctors.
Help please
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your help, I got the K1 approved. Next step is to fly there now. I looked at USCIS website for next steps and found this:

Inspection by CBP at a port of entry includes the capture of biometrics and all relevant systems queries for national security, criminal, and immigration information, verification of identity and travel documents, and an interview.

Does anyone know what this interview might entail?

Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You sit in Secondary, eventually they call you up stamp a few things and send you on your way.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
You sit in Secondary, eventually they call you up stamp a few things and send you on your way.
Basically this.

You'll hand over the envelope and they'll look at the items in it and stamp a couple things and then you'll be good to go.
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the help.
Finally i am across the border and married so reading about the next step which is to file for AOS. The form I-485 seems pretty straight forward but I had a question on i-864 affidavit of support which we need to submit with the I-485.
My fiance (now husband) did not sponsor me when we were submitting the fiance petition,as his income is not sufficient so instead his uncle sponsored. This still applies as his income has not changed so are planning on asking the same uncle to act as a sponsor for I-864 also. Here are a few questions i had:
1. Does my husband (petitioner) still has to be a primary sponsor even if his income does not suffice?
2. Can his uncle file as a joint sponsor and if so does this mean we have to file two I-864's?
3. The first question on I-864 asks:
I, ,
am the sponsor submitting this affidavit of support because (Select only one box):
1.a. I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative.
1.b. I filed an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to me as my
1.c. I have an ownership interest of at least 5 percent in which filed an alien worker petition on behalf of the
intending immigrant, who is related to me as my
1.d. I am the only joint sponsor.
1.e. I am the first second of two joint sponsors.
1.f. The original petitioner is deceased. I am the
substitute sponsor. I am the intending immigrant's

I am not sure which one applies to our situation:1a or 1d or 1e?
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 7:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Husband is 1.a. Uncle is 1.d.

Rene
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Husband is 1.a. Uncle is 1.d.

Rene
I agree with these answers. This is how we handled our I-485.

The uncle will need to give you proof of permanent residency / citizenship to include alongside his financial evidence.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks and just to clarify, if my husband can show on this affidavit that he has enough income and/or assets to maintain the intending
immigrant(s) and the rest of your household at 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines then we don't need another sponsor?

Forms of Evidence would be: Tax Transcripts, letter from employer, anything else?
Old Dec 27th 2017, 6:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapan
Thanks and just to clarify, if my husband can show on this affidavit that he has enough income and/or assets to maintain the intending
immigrant(s) and the rest of your household at 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines then we don't need another sponsor?

Forms of Evidence would be: Tax Transcripts, letter from employer, anything else?
Correct. If your husband meets the financial requirement on his own, he doesn't need a joint sponsor. Details as to what evidence to include is in the I-864 instructions at www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks , another question that i cant figure out is:
Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?

Yes or No
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks , another question that i cant figure out is:
Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?

Yes or No
No. https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/life...45i-adjustment
Old Feb 17th 2018, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

A couple more questions.
1. Does the joint sponsor have to fill out any other form other than I-864
2. Does the joint sponsor have to give a copy of his tax returns?
3. When submitting the AOS application is it a good idea to apply for I131(to leave) and Authorisation to work ? or should I wait to file after submission.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 9:19 pm

A couple more questions.
1. Does the joint sponsor have to fill out any other form other than I-864
2. Does the joint sponsor have to give a copy of his tax returns?
3. When submitting the AOS application is it a good idea to apply for I131(to leave) and Authorisation to work ? or should I wait to file after submission.
Just to be clear, this is for AOS after entry on the K-1.

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes, file it all together. No reason to wait.

Rene
Old Feb 17th 2018, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks , I am not sure if i can file I-131 without the copy of acknowledgment of submission of AOS as it is one of the required evidence needed for 1-131
Old Feb 17th 2018, 9:28 pm

Thanks , I am not sure if i can file I-131 without the copy of acknowledgment of submission of AOS as it is one of the required evidence needed for 1-131
Just include a photocopy of the I-485 that you are submitting. That will be enough.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.