Fiance Visa

Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiance Visa

Originally Posted by Noorah101
So are you against being separated as a married couple? Is it easier to be separated as an engaged couple?

Rene
Hi Rene

No if we have to get married then I leave to work in the UK while the CR1 goes through that would be fine.

I just want the easiest route to it all really as it's starting to to stress me and my fiancée out at the moment.

If we get married say in a week and I have to leave the end of September do we have to get the I-130 completed before I leave. Is the CR1 form then what I would complete when back in the UK.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can work from Day 1 in the USA. Many people find that advantageous.

Rene
Yes that does sound good.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 6:37 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu_blue
If we get married say in a week and I have to leave the end of September do we have to get the I-130 completed before I leave.
No.

Is the CR1 form then what I would complete when back in the UK.
The CR-1 isn't a form, it's an immigrant visa.

If no one has yet explained this to you, immigration is a 2-step process. The USC spouse/fiancé starts the process by filing form I-130/I-129F respectively. The I-130 or I-129F is simply a petition that establishes the relationship between a USC and a non-USC. Once that's approved, the non-USC alien is invited to apply for the visa... a CR-1/IR-1 immigrant visa if you've been married for less than/more than two years, or a non-immigrant K-1 visa if you're not yet married.

The timeline for both is about the same... 8-10 months (roughly) from the time the petition is filed until you get the visa in your passport.

Take a look at this - it may help you.

I just want the easiest route to it all really as it's starting to to stress me and my fiancée out at the moment.
What are your criteria for "easiest route"? Deciding which route to take is highly subjective... but don't be so paralyzed by fear of making a wrong or bad decision that you make no decision at all.

Ian
Old Aug 25th 2017, 8:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stu,

This thread is already really long, so I'm going to close it. Now that you've decided on a process, I'm going to start a new thread for you.

Thanks!
Rene