Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A few questions from a newbie:

A few questions from a newbie:

Old Feb 25th 2001, 11:15 pm
Mike Tomasulo

Greetings to the NG:

I'm filing the K1 application (finally had the guts to propose) and have a few questions,
maybe dumb, maybe not:

1) On the K1 app. where it says "address where you intend to live": I'm getting
transferred (military) in a few months: the paperwork will still be in the process of
being processed; I was wondering if I should put my new city & state, but no complete
address, or just go with my current one. I intend to call the INS when I have a good
new address, but need to put something now

2) I've read the FAQ (many thanks to all the hard work that's been put into
it), and am wondering about the 'n/a' versus 'none' on items that do not apply. Being a
government servant, I'm used to just leaving such items blank. I take it the INS won't
have too much concern with this, unless you all out there have differing opinions. (yes
I read the 129F instructions)

3) As far as the G325 the fiancée fills out, there's a field for "applicant's last
address outside the US...."; I also left this blank, since she already resides
overseas already. Trying to avoid duplication.

Thank you.

-Mike

Old Feb 26th 2001, 1:33 am
Nalu

| 2) I've read the FAQ (many thanks to all the hard work that's been
put into
| it), and am wondering about the 'n/a' versus 'none' on items that do
not
| apply. Being a government servant, I'm used to just leaving such
items
| blank. I take it the INS won't have too much concern with this,
unless you
| all out there have differing opinions. (yes I read the 129F
instructions)

My suggestion would be not leave any question unanswered. My husband is also in the
military and some questions were just out of context, but we either wrote N/A or none.
(N/A for the "if" questions mostly)

Old Feb 26th 2001, 6:41 am
Diane M

Watch out for those n/a v. none questions - there was a thread in the group not too long
ago that stated that someone had an rfe (request for evidence) because they wrote "n/a"
under former spouses instead of "none". The rfe asked for clarification. Maybe the
examiner was just having a bad day, but it's an easy problem to avoid. Just write "none"
if it is appropriate and "n/a" if nothing is appropriate and don't leave anything blank.
Don't worry about duplication - as a government employee, you probably know that the
government doesn't mind duplication but can be difficult about omissions. Good luck. And
congratulations on proposing.

Diane M.

Mike Tomasulo wrote:

> Greetings to the NG:
>
> I'm filing the K1 application (finally had the guts to propose) and have a few
> questions, maybe dumb, maybe not:
>
> 1) On the K1 app. where it says "address where you intend to live": I'm getting
> transferred (military) in a few months: the paperwork will still be in the process
> of being processed; I was wondering if I should put my new city & state, but no
> complete address, or just go with my current one. I intend to call the INS when I
> have a good new address, but need to put something now
>
> 2) I've read the FAQ (many thanks to all the hard work that's been put into
> it), and am wondering about the 'n/a' versus 'none' on items that do not apply. Being a
> government servant, I'm used to just leaving such items blank. I take it the INS
> won't have too much concern with this, unless you all out there have differing
> opinions. (yes I read the 129F instructions)
>
> 3) As far as the G325 the fiancée fills out, there's a field for "applicant's last
> address outside the US...."; I also left this blank, since she already resides
> overseas already. Trying to avoid duplication.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -Mike

Old Feb 26th 2001, 6:35 pm
Jer & Missy

> Greetings to the NG:
>
> I'm filing the K1 application (finally had the guts to propose) and have a few
> questions, maybe dumb, maybe not:
>
> 1) On the K1 app. where it says "address where you intend to live": I'm getting
> transferred (military) in a few months: the paperwork will still
be
> in the process of being processed; I was wondering if I should put my new city & state,
> but no complete address, or just go with my current one. I intend to call the INS when I
> have a good new address, but need to put something now

If you are going to call them when you change your address, then use your current address.
Then you call them with the new one. You don't want the application sent back because of
the incomplete address.

>
> 2) I've read the FAQ (many thanks to all the hard work that's been put
into
> it), and am wondering about the 'n/a' versus 'none' on items that do not apply. Being a
> government servant, I'm used to just leaving such items blank. I take it the INS
> won't have too much concern with this, unless
you
> all out there have differing opinions. (yes I read the 129F instructions)

People have different opinions on this one, best bet though is NOT to leave anything
blank. Use "none" where appropriate and "n/a" when an item is not applicable. Some people
have has petitions RFE'd due to this, more have not.

>
> 3) As far as the G325 the fiancée fills out, there's a field for "applicant's last
> address outside the US...."; I also left this blank, since she already resides
> overseas already. Trying to avoid duplication.
>

Her current address in the foreign country would also be her last address outside the US.
Duplication in this instance is fine.

--
Jer & Missy Our Visa Site: http://my.voyager.net/~hockeybabe/visasite/ POE Rolling List:
http://www.k1poelist.com/

> Thank you.
>
> -Mike

Old Feb 27th 2001, 1:10 am
Mike Tomasulo

Thanks for the help. The package gets mailed tomorrow!

-Mike