Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Few questions for i-130a

Few questions for i-130a

Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Few questions for i-130a

Originally Posted by stu_blue
Yeah I know but wated to check with someone who has done this as it could of meant maiden name had they not been married but she is married.
If she were not married, it would not be her maiden name, it would just be her name.

You are overthinking things.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
If she were not married, it would not be her maiden name, it would just be her name.

Thanks Rete.

So finally I have had 8 contract jobs over 5 years so I have used page 9 to add them. I have added page number and part number but can't add an item number as it's not really applicable.

I have listed the job details exactly in the same order as it is on page 2, part 2. Their is no room for me to add, name of employer, address, post code, start date and end date etc and then answer each one in section 9.

I'm hoping they will understand this
Old Nov 28th 2017, 9:57 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of the old G-325 form.

It is sometimes hard to describe the difference between what is asked for and what is needed.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 11:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Reminds me of the old G-325 form.

It is sometimes hard to describe the difference between what is asked for and what is needed.
Sometimes the question might be ambiguous but in this instance it is a straightforward question with a very simple answer.

If the woman is married and using her husband's surname, her maiden name is to be place on the line which clearly asks for her maiden name.

If the woman never married, and we have found that many of our members have borne children outside of wedlock, it is safe to assume she is still using her maiden name. Thus, surname and maiden name are one and the same.

The only time it might be an issue is if the woman was married once before, adopted the former husband's surname, never took back her maiden name when divorced or widowed and then had a child by a man, not her husband and whose surname she does not have a legal right to use. I.e.,

Joan Pierce, nee Curtin and the child's name is Joshua Peterson.

Mother's first name: Joan

Mother's Maiden Name: Curtin

Mother's Surname: Pierce
Old Nov 28th 2017, 11:22 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes the question might be ambiguous but in this instance it is a straightforward question with a very simple answer.

If the woman is married and using her husband's surname, her maiden name is to be place on the line which clearly asks for her maiden name.

If the woman never married, and we have found that many of our members have borne children outside of wedlock, it is safe to assume she is still using her maiden name. Thus, surname and maiden name are one and the same.

The only time it might be an issue is if the woman was married once before, adopted the former husband's surname, never took back her maiden name when divorced or widowed and then had a child by a man, not her husband and whose surname she does not have a legal right to use. I.e.,

Joan Pierce, nee Curtin and the child's name is Joshua Peterson.

Mother's first name: Joan

Mother's Maiden Name: Curtin

Mother's Surname: Pierce
I was reacting to the "overthinking" comment.

I do not disagree about giving maiden name. That said, if the married name was given, it would probably be under the rubric of "no harm, no foul."

Like the G-325, I think a lot of sleep will be lost for no purpose.