Reload this Page >

EAD renew query - getting concerned

EAD renew query - getting concerned

Old May 27th 2016, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

TriGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD renew query - getting concerned

My wife is a US citizen.
The I-797C said that they have received my form and is currently processing my application, petition, or request. This notice informs me that it is not necessary for me to appear at a USCIS application support centre (ASC) for a biometrics appointment.
USCIS is continuing to process my application and will contact me in writing if any additional information is necessary to resolve my case.
This notice is not an approval of your pending application.
If I have any questions regarding this notice or my case status please contact the NSCS on the number given.
Old May 27th 2016, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

When I went to the info-pass appointment the lady said I didn't need to re-endorse my passport and that everything will be fine and that I wont have a problem reentering the USA. Everything will be fine.
That comment didnt really help my issue.
Old May 27th 2016, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

So basically I was sent my PRC / green card last year but I didnt recieve it in the post. We moved shortly after the card was sent.
I then queried this a few months later as I was enquiring as to how I could get a replacement and am worried I might find it difficult to get back into the USA after travelling to Canada, UK and Greece in the same month.
Old May 27th 2016, 4:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TriGuy
When I went to the info-pass appointment the lady said I didn't need to re-endorse my passport and that everything will be fine and that I wont have a problem reentering the USA. Everything will be fine.
That comment didnt really help my issue.
OK, simple questions here.

1. What is the expiration date on the I-551 stamp in your passport?

2. Will you be returning to the USA prior to that expiration date?

The I-551 stamp in your passport is exactly the same as the physical green card. As long as you have the unexpired stamp in your passport, you won't have any problem entering the USA.

Rene
Old May 27th 2016, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

1. I do not have a I-551 stamp in my passport. I asked for one at the info-pass appointment and the lady said it isn't needed.

2. As I don't have a stamp I am trying to ascertain what I need to re-enter the USA without a problem whilst I am waiting for a replacement PRC.
Old May 27th 2016, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

I am thinking I need to book another info-pass appointment and go with all relevant paperwork and ask for a I-551 stamp in my passport regardless if the lady in previous appointment said it wasn't necessary?
Or call USCIS helpline and ask them what to do?
Old May 27th 2016, 5:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, I thought they gave you the stamp.

Yes, make another appointment and take all your relevant documents. The welcome letter, your request for replacement card, and proof of upcoming travel.

Rene
Old May 27th 2016, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I just called USCIS helpline and they recommended the same. I have made another appointment with INFO-PASS for 2 weeks time and hopefully then be able to get the stamp.
Thanks.