Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / Marriage Based Visas

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:38 pm   #1
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16
katrusya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD Card: catergory C09

Hi all,
I recently received my EAD card
Looking at the card, I noticed that I am under category C09.
I would like to know what this category stands for.
Thank you
katrusya is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16th 2007, 6:43 pm   #2
Premium Member
 
meauxna's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 35,095
meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

Look at the application form I-765 that you completed.
It explains the different types of EADs.
__________________
It's because of the cloudy.
meauxna is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:15 pm   #3
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 26
dnicolel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

I'm curious. What office did you get your EAD out of? How long did it take?HOw were you notified? Did you get an email or did it just turn up one day? I'd love to know all the details. We are waiting for a c9 category too. c9 is what you actually applied under and i guess it's related to fact that it's an EAD based on marriage.
dnicolel is offline  
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:20 pm   #4
Iran / USA
Moderator
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 49,644
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicolel View Post
I'm curious. What office did you get your EAD out of? How long did it take?HOw were you notified? Did you get an email or did it just turn up one day? I'd love to know all the details. We are waiting for a c9 category too. c9 is what you actually applied under and i guess it's related to fact that it's an EAD based on marriage.
All marriage-based EADs are issued out of National Benefits Center. Not a local office.

Sometimes your EAD approval status shows up on line, sometimes not.

Otherwise, there is no approval letter or anything, the EAD card just shows up in the mail at some point after biometrics are done.

Rene
__________________
K1 Journey began March 6, 2003
US Citizenship Oath April 24, 2009
Extended Immigration Timeline
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:29 am   #5
Account Closed
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,268
Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
All marriage-based EADs are issued out of National Benefits Center. Not a local office.

Sometimes your EAD approval status shows up on line, sometimes not.

Otherwise, there is no approval letter or anything, the EAD card just shows up in the mail at some point after biometrics are done.

Rene
Hi:

What is supposed to happen is that both a notice and an EAD are generated. The approval notice BTW serves as an EAD for 30 days -- it says so.
Folinskyinla is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:27 am   #6
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16
katrusya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

As Noorah mentioned, the card was issued by the National Office in Missouri, I believe.
We submitted all the paperwork on July 23 (we went through Catholic Charities - it was more convenient for us).
I had my biometrics done on September 5, then on September 26 I got an email from USCIS saying that my EAD card has been ordered for production. On October 5 I got an email that my card was approved.
On October 11 I got my card in the mail, while my catholic charities representative received a letter saying that her beneficiary received the card.
This was the way it happened to me
We are having the interview on November 13 - I am scared!
katrusya is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:37 am   #7
Account Closed
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,268
Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrusya View Post
As Noorah mentioned, the card was issued by the National Office in Missouri, I believe.
We submitted all the paperwork on July 23 (we went through Catholic Charities - it was more convenient for us).
I had my biometrics done on September 5, then on September 26 I got an email from USCIS saying that my EAD card has been ordered for production. On October 5 I got an email that my card was approved.
On October 11 I got my card in the mail, while my catholic charities representative received a letter saying that her beneficiary received the card.
This was the way it happened to me
We are having the interview on November 13 - I am scared!
Hi:

It is normal to be scared. Let me give you my three rules to follow. Don't try to get into the officer's head, it is impossible -- just follow these three rules. They work and prevent you from getting into trouble if you should have the DAO-from-Hell [most are actually quite nice] --

FIRST -- tell the truth. It is easier to remember. Corollary: do NOT guess. If you don't know or don't remember, say so!

SECOND -- understand the question being asked. English may not be YOUR first language. On top of that, English may not be the OFFICER's first language. If Officer is a native Tagalog speaker and you are a native Russian speaker, misunderstanding can take place. If you do not understand the question -- SAY SO! "I don't understand" or "what?" -- the question will be rephrased and repeated.

THIRD -- and this is the hardest -- answer ONLY the question asked and NOTHING MORE. The only two correct answers to "Do you know what time it is?" are either "yes" or "no." If the officer wants something more, they will ask. As I said above, don't try and figure out what you think they want to hear.

There are all kinds of reasons you may not have an approval at the interview, but adherence to the three rules will prevent harm.

Good luck!
Folinskyinla is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:33 am   #8
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 16
katrusya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

Thanks for the advice. I will try to follow the three rules. I will keep you posted as to the result
Keeping fingers crossed
katrusya is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 3:14 pm   #9
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 26
dnicolel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrusya View Post
As Noorah mentioned, the card was issued by the National Office in Missouri, I believe.
We submitted all the paperwork on July 23 (we went through Catholic Charities - it was more convenient for us).
I had my biometrics done on September 5, then on September 26 I got an email from USCIS saying that my EAD card has been ordered for production. On October 5 I got an email that my card was approved.
On October 11 I got my card in the mail, while my catholic charities representative received a letter saying that her beneficiary received the card.
This was the way it happened to me
We are having the interview on November 13 - I am scared!
Is it assumed that the EAD has been approved at the time it is ordered for production?

I thought it was interesting your received an email about production and then another about approval. Does approval just mean it was printed?

We're nervous about the interview too. Ours is a couple of days before yours. Good advice about how to handle ones self. I have to remember not to say more than what is being asked. Congrats on receiving the card and good luck on the interview.

thanks for all the responses
dnicolel is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:24 pm   #10
Account Closed
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,268
Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicolel View Post
Is it assumed that the EAD has been approved at the time it is ordered for production?

I thought it was interesting your received an email about production and then another about approval. Does approval just mean it was printed?

We're nervous about the interview too. Ours is a couple of days before yours. Good advice about how to handle ones self. I have to remember not to say more than what is being asked. Congrats on receiving the card and good luck on the interview.

thanks for all the responses
Hi:

Most everyone, including yours truly, tends to break rule #3.

One thing that I really like about these rules is that I can repeat them in the presence of the officer. After all, they make HER job easier.
Folinskyinla is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:07 pm   #11
Iran / USA
Moderator
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 49,644
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folinskyinla View Post
Hi:

Most everyone, including yours truly, tends to break rule #3.

One thing that I really like about these rules is that I can repeat them in the presence of the officer. After all, they make HER job easier.
I've actually used rule number 3 in other areas of life (not just immigration), and it's very helpful!

Rene
__________________
K1 Journey began March 6, 2003
US Citizenship Oath April 24, 2009
Extended Immigration Timeline
Noorah101 is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / Marriage Based Visas

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


 

All times are GMT. The time now is 1:01 am.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com