British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   EAD Card: catergory C09 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/ead-card-catergory-c09-487696/)

katrusya Oct 16th 2007 6:38 pm

EAD Card: catergory C09

Hi all,
I recently received my EAD card:thumbsup:
Looking at the card, I noticed that I am under category C09.
I would like to know what this category stands for.
Thank you

meauxna Oct 16th 2007 6:43 pm

Re: EAD Card: catergory C09

Look at the application form I-765 that you completed.
It explains the different types of EADs.

dnicolel Oct 17th 2007 11:15 pm

I'm curious. What office did you get your EAD out of? How long did it take?HOw were you notified? Did you get an email or did it just turn up one day? I'd love to know all the details. We are waiting for a c9 category too. c9 is what you actually applied under and i guess it's related to fact that it's an EAD based on marriage.

Noorah101 Oct 17th 2007 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by dnicolel (Post 5437775)
I'm curious. What office did you get your EAD out of? How long did it take?HOw were you notified? Did you get an email or did it just turn up one day? I'd love to know all the details. We are waiting for a c9 category too. c9 is what you actually applied under and i guess it's related to fact that it's an EAD based on marriage.

All marriage-based EADs are issued out of National Benefits Center. Not a local office.

Sometimes your EAD approval status shows up on line, sometimes not.

Otherwise, there is no approval letter or anything, the EAD card just shows up in the mail at some point after biometrics are done.

Rene

Folinskyinla Oct 18th 2007 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 5437787)
All marriage-based EADs are issued out of National Benefits Center. Not a local office.

Sometimes your EAD approval status shows up on line, sometimes not.

Otherwise, there is no approval letter or anything, the EAD card just shows up in the mail at some point after biometrics are done.

Rene

Hi:

What is supposed to happen is that both a notice and an EAD are generated. The approval notice BTW serves as an EAD for 30 days -- it says so.

katrusya Oct 18th 2007 1:27 am

As Noorah mentioned, the card was issued by the National Office in Missouri, I believe.
We submitted all the paperwork on July 23 (we went through Catholic Charities - it was more convenient for us).
I had my biometrics done on September 5, then on September 26 I got an email from USCIS saying that my EAD card has been ordered for production. On October 5 I got an email that my card was approved.
On October 11 I got my card in the mail, while my catholic charities representative received a letter saying that her beneficiary received the card.
This was the way it happened to me
We are having the interview on November 13 - I am scared!

Folinskyinla Oct 18th 2007 1:37 am

Originally Posted by katrusya (Post 5438202)
As Noorah mentioned, the card was issued by the National Office in Missouri, I believe.
We submitted all the paperwork on July 23 (we went through Catholic Charities - it was more convenient for us).
I had my biometrics done on September 5, then on September 26 I got an email from USCIS saying that my EAD card has been ordered for production. On October 5 I got an email that my card was approved.
On October 11 I got my card in the mail, while my catholic charities representative received a letter saying that her beneficiary received the card.

Hi:

It is normal to be scared. Let me give you my three rules to follow. Don't try to get into the officer's head, it is impossible -- just follow these three rules. They work and prevent you from getting into trouble if you should have the DAO-from-Hell [most are actually quite nice] --

FIRST -- tell the truth. It is easier to remember. Corollary: do NOT guess. If you don't know or don't remember, say so!

SECOND -- understand the question being asked. English may not be YOUR first language. On top of that, English may not be the OFFICER's first language. If Officer is a native Tagalog speaker and you are a native Russian speaker, misunderstanding can take place. If you do not understand the question -- SAY SO! "I don't understand" or "what?" -- the question will be rephrased and repeated.

THIRD -- and this is the hardest -- answer ONLY the question asked and NOTHING MORE. The only two correct answers to "Do you know what time it is?" are either "yes" or "no." If the officer wants something more, they will ask. As I said above, don't try and figure out what you think they want to hear.

There are all kinds of reasons you may not have an approval at the interview, but adherence to the three rules will prevent harm.

Good luck!

katrusya Oct 18th 2007 2:33 am

Thanks for the advice. I will try to follow the three rules. I will keep you posted as to the result
Keeping fingers crossed

dnicolel Oct 18th 2007 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by katrusya (Post 5438202)

Is it assumed that the EAD has been approved at the time it is ordered for production?

I thought it was interesting your received an email about production and then another about approval. Does approval just mean it was printed?

We're nervous about the interview too. Ours is a couple of days before yours. Good advice about how to handle ones self. I have to remember not to say more than what is being asked. Congrats on receiving the card and good luck on the interview.

thanks for all the responses

Folinskyinla Oct 18th 2007 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by dnicolel (Post 5440464)
Is it assumed that the EAD has been approved at the time it is ordered for production?

I thought it was interesting your received an email about production and then another about approval. Does approval just mean it was printed?

We're nervous about the interview too. Ours is a couple of days before yours. Good advice about how to handle ones self. I have to remember not to say more than what is being asked. Congrats on receiving the card and good luck on the interview.

thanks for all the responses

Hi:

Most everyone, including yours truly, tends to break rule #3. ;)

One thing that I really like about these rules is that I can repeat them in the presence of the officer. After all, they make HER job easier.

Noorah101 Oct 18th 2007 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla (Post 5441134)
Hi:

Most everyone, including yours truly, tends to break rule #3. ;)

One thing that I really like about these rules is that I can repeat them in the presence of the officer. After all, they make HER job easier.

I've actually used rule number 3 in other areas of life (not just immigration), and it's very helpful! ;)

Rene