EAD card

Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:26 pm
nizwa

Default EAD card

One letter mistake on name what to do?

Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD card

Originally Posted by nizwa
Don't notice it ....,
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nizwa
method #1:

Contact the office you filed at. Write a letter with a complete copy of the original petition. Highlight the error and affix a note with the correction. Mail it to the office with a coversheet that includes your Notice of Action when you filed.

Place a self addressed stamped envelope in the package and request that they send you back a response when / if action is taken to correct it.

Method #2: Go to the office in person to clear it up (preferred but time consuming)

Methos #3: Contact your congerssman (overkill and may not help at all).
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering if that isn't something that can just be overlooked for now. The only person who would potentially see it and care, would be an employer, right? And I'm sure an employer would understand there's a typo on the card, assuming he/she has other forms of ID. Seems like a hassle to go through to correct something that will eventually expire. If Nizwa has to renew it, he/she would fill out a new form anyway, so USCIS will hopefully get it right on the renewed card.

With my husband's complicated 3-part name, that's what he would do, I'm sure.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:25 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm wondering if that isn't something that can just be overlooked for now. The only person who would potentially see it and care, would be an employer, right? And I'm sure an employer would understand there's a typo on the card, assuming he/she has other forms of ID. Seems like a hassle to go through to correct something that will eventually expire. If Nizwa has to renew it, he/she would fill out a new form anyway, so USCIS will hopefully get it right on the renewed card.

With my husband's complicated 3-part name, that's what he would do, I'm sure.

Best Wishes,
Rene

I have very complicated lastnames and they didn't mess up, I guess I am lucky!!
Glad to hear his EAD doesn't have a typo either.. now MSC/NBC.. where is my 1 year EAD?? lol
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I have very complicated lastnames and they didn't mess up, I guess I am lucky!!
Glad to hear his EAD doesn't have a typo either.. now MSC/NBC.. where is my 1 year EAD?? lol
Hyper,

They almost messed up Sadegh's spelling, though! At first they wouldn't let me into the biometrics area...but then he needed translations so they did let me in. As I was watching, I noticed the clerk had spelled his last name wrong! I pointed it out, she corrected it, and all was well. But if I had not been standing right there (at their own request) his would have been misspelled also!

Rene