EAD/AP Timelines

Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD/AP Timelines

Morning all,

Just looking for some insights, I submitted for EAD/AP as part of my AOS on December 18th to the Chicago Lockbox, received my confirmation notices and did my biometrics back in March.

I'm currently on L1, so not terribly concerned about the timeline, however at what point should I see this as "too long" and start to reach out to my wifes congressman?

I'm toying with the idea of a job change, so I'd prefer this sooner than later. I'm already 4 months in.

Cheers!
Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD/AP Timelines

It would appear that the timeline for EAD is between 90 and 120 days. There have been several threads about this in the last few weeks. There is a slight indication that it might just be speeding up but don't hold your breath and don't jeopardize your current employment unless you can afford a long unpaid vacation.

You should wait at least the full 90 days of the original indicated timeline by USCIS before contacting a congressman for assistance in moving you to the head of the line. You are currently 30 days or less into that timeline. Of course, if you weren't already working and had a job lined up, and your family needed your income, you might then ask for assistance. The choice is up to you to decide what you wish to do in regards to seeking help from a congressperson.

PS I see it as the timeline starts from biometrics not from the date you applied for adjustment of status.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 18th 2018 at 12:27 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rete.

I'm somewhat torn - I've been headhunted a couple times and I'm becoming irritated with my current employer, although I suspect that'll subside. I'd like the ability to move should the right offer come along, which is why I'm considering my options.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure they still consider 90 days applicable for processing time anymore so I'm not sure if you could try and put in a service request online to see where it is? Certainly can't hurt, or an InfoPass appointment.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

I've put in a SR, forgot about that option, thanks Ben.