Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DS-260 Spouse Details - Telephone Numbers (living in UK)

DS-260 Spouse Details - Telephone Numbers (living in UK)

Old Jan 17th 2018, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

khris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS-260 Spouse Details - Telephone Numbers (living in UK)

Hello all, I wonder if you can help me?

A bit of background... my wife (joint USA/UK citizen) and I (UK citizen) are in the process of helping me emigrate to the USA on a IR-1 Spouse Visa. My wife has been living and working in the UK for about 10 years and we are fortunate enough to have her parents (both USA citizens) earning the required amount for joint sponsorship. We will be staying them for a number of months until we find work and find some place of our own. I've booked my medical and expect to arrange an interview some time in the next month or two.

I hope this is not a silly question, but my problem is this: I'm in the process of filling out the DS-260 form and I'm not sure how to complete the Petitioner Information section. In my case this is my Spouse. The form is asking me for her address and telephone number, but the validation on the form only seems to accept a USA landline telephone number (e.g., 555-555-5555).

Is there a way for me to input a UK mobile number? We don't have a UK landline number. Could I use her parents USA telephone number?

Hope somebody can help, I've searched the forums but couldn't find anything about this (possibly because this is a silly question).

Chris
Old Jan 17th 2018, 2:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-260 Spouse Details - Telephone Numbers (living in UK)

A cell number has the same number of digits, so doesn't have to be a land line number. That said, you can use her parents number if you want to.

Rene
Old Jan 17th 2018, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

khris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DS-260 Spouse Details - Telephone Numbers (living in UK)

OK, I tried that and it worked. Thank you very much for your help!