DS-260 Online, Address Question

Old Oct 9th 2015, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Teuchtar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS-260 Online, Address Question

Hi
I am chipping away at my DS-260 and have got to the part headed up:

Mailing and Permanent Address Information

I am asked, is my permanent address and Mailing address the same. Well it is, so I say Yes.

Then it's asking me:
Permanent Address
Please provide the following information on where you intend to live after arrival in the United States.

Well, I don't have an address in the US. I tried to tick all the Does not apply options but I can't get past because it wants a valid address.

I looked at the online instructions, here: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/...20Exemplar.pdf The screen shot for that page says:

Permanent Address
Do you have an address in the US where you intend to live and then gives the option of Yes or No.

That's not showing for me, but if it did then I would have selected the No option...

Has anyone had the same issue recently? If so, what did you do?

I could give them a relatives address but that is NOT the address that we will be living at so I don't want to do that.

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 9th 2015, 12:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-260 Online, Address Question

Where DO you intend to stay on the first day you arrive in the USA?

You can list any address. You can change it when you enter the POE, if you know an address at that point.

Rene
Old Oct 9th 2015, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene

Our actual plans are to do a road trip from New York to California with detours along the way to meet/catch up with my husbands family, but the intention is to have an actual address sourced before we leave...we're not planning on moving until June 2016 so it's early days.

I will put my relatives address down, they are happy with me doing it so if it doesn't cause any problems then i'll relax and change it at the POE.

thanks again
Old Oct 9th 2015, 1:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you submitting this application now? Have you had your medical yet? Just want you to be aware that the visa will only be valid for 6 months from the date of the medical. June 2016 is 8 months from now.

Rene
Old Oct 9th 2015, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

No, not submitting just now, like i say just chipping away at it, I wanted to see what was coming. No intention of submitting it until Jan at the earliest.
Old Oct 9th 2015, 5:08 pm

Ok, good.

Rene