Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know what a I-797 Notice of Action Authorisation is?

Does anyone know what a I-797 Notice of Action Authorisation is?

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

WellnessCoach is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Does anyone know what a I-797 Notice of Action Authorisation is?

Hello everyone,

Further to my last post regarding Spouse of E-2 Visa application, I have been sent a final checklist before the interview.

I have an interview with the US Embassy for a Spouse of E-2 Visa during the 2nd week in July. However, in the checklist of the documents to take with me, I have been asked for the following:
- "Photocopy of the I-797 Notice of Action Authorization for an adjustment or extension of status granted by USCIS for the principle and/or beneficiaries for a principle residing in the U.S. without a valid E visa"

Can anyone explain please:
1. What is the I-797?
2. How do I acquire this form?
3. Is this something that the USCIS provide me at registration?
4. Is it classed as an email that they send me, if so, what part of the application process, for example confirmation of interview?
5. I need to understand how I can acquire the form in order to photocopy it!

Thank you very much for your time.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 9:22 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know what a I-797 Notice of Action Authorisation is?

Unless you are in the US already it doesn't apply to you. As it says, "for a principle residing in the U.S. without a valid E visa". So it only applies to those already in the USA under some other visa (e.g. student visa) who are adjusting to this category.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know what a I-797 Notice of Action Authorisation is?

Originally Posted by WellnessCoach
"Photocopy of the I-797 Notice of Action Authorization for an adjustment or extension of status granted by USCIS for the principle and/or beneficiaries for a principle residing in the U.S. without a valid E visa"
I agree with Twinkle0927... this doesn't apply to you. You need to thoroughly read the notices you receive.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jun 22nd 2017 at 9:53 pm.