dilema. aos awaiting

Old Jan 10th 2014, 11:58 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dilema. aos awaiting

So, as a UK citizen, is he not entitled to use the NHS (at no charge) on visits home, even if he is resident in the US?
CORRECT. Unless the treatment is emergency care. Scandalous really, but the law is hopefully changing to allow expat UK citizens with >=10 years of NI payments to retain NHS services for their lifetime should they require them.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace

Could your wife's plan cover you for treatment do you know? What health insurance does she have? Please tell me she has insurance...

From reading the OP's earlier postings his wife was a student at time of marriage and not earning.

The OP's sister in law was joint sponsor, and it appear that the AOS has had several instances of further documentation/information being required.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k.masson

Hungry I really don't know, i was hoping my age and fitness would give me some time before I would get health insurance. Still looking for fulltime work so it wasn't the top of the list of priorities....which I now regret.
So why don't you now take advantage of the Affordable Care Act and look on the Healthcare.gov website (or your State's one) and see what insurance plans are available to you? With little or no earnings you would be eligible for large discounts in premiums I would imagine.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where do I stand with health insurance as my visa is still not processed? Will it be via England insurance or USA?
What do you mean "will it be via England insurance or USA" ? What is it?

You don't have insurance. So medical treatment in the USA won't be paid for unless you get insurance, and treatment you have in the UK will be under the NHS (if you qualify for permanent residency there)
Old Jan 11th 2014, 2:18 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What do you mean "will it be via England insurance or USA" ? What is it?

You don't have insurance. So medical treatment in the USA won't be paid for unless you get insurance, and treatment you have in the UK will be under the NHS (if you qualify for permanent residency there)
He's a British citizen AFAIAA. Pretty sure that'll give him the right to PR
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

k.masson is an unknown quantity at this point

update: First off apologies for not replying over the weekend, I have not yet got internet at home.

Thank you all for advice, I did research urgent care walk in centres and did visit a Dr. Seems like it was a fasle alarm, I've been doing cartwheels all morning. The cost was relatively low for the checkup but still a strange feeling handing over money after visiting a Doc.

Also just a query with regard to having to pay for NHS if I did infact return home: As I would have been abandoning my AOS (turns out i did not file for advance parole) to return, surely I wouldn't have to pay for NHS treatment as I no longer have an application for permanent residence pending with the U.S.

Thanx again to all who helped with advice, with your influence I visited a Dr. yesterday.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:15 pm
Banned

update: First off apologies for not replying over the weekend, I have not yet got internet at home.

Thank you all for advice, I did research urgent care walk in centres and did visit a Dr. Seems like it was a fasle alarm, I've been doing cartwheels all morning. The cost was relatively low for the checkup but still a strange feeling handing over money after visiting a Doc.

Also just a query with regard to having to pay for NHS if I did infact return home: As I would have been abandoning my AOS (turns out i did not file for advance parole) to return, surely I wouldn't have to pay for NHS treatment as I no longer have an application for permanent residence pending with the U.S.

Thanx again to all who helped with advice, with your influence I visited a Dr. yesterday.
Excellent news!

Re your NHS question, if you're back in the UK 'permanently' then you wouldn't be charged any NHS costs. Though, frankly, as a UK citizen I doubt you'd be charged unless you volunteered the fact you reside overseas. Basically, don't worry about it.

Lastly, use this opportunity to ensure you DO have health coverage. Either through your wife or via a private plan. The US is not somewhere to be without coverage.

I'm glad everything worked out for you!
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

(turns out i did not file for advance parole)
It's not too late, you can still submit an I-131 application for free, to get AP in hand. Better to have it than not have it, just in case.

Rene
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou hungry.

Although the health issue wasn't worrying me too much as we all have a fighting chance, the cost of it all (money and/or time) was the real worrying factor.

But I am now using my internet time at the library to look into health insurance or try to get onto my wifes plan until I aquire work.

Thnax again.

Last edited by k.masson; Jan 13th 2014 at 6:30 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's not too late, you can still submit an I-131 application for free, to get AP in hand. Better to have it than not have it, just in case.

Rene
Rene you beat me to it, I was just going to ask about that. I havn't yet read the instructions for filing I-131 but if you know from experience, do I file that to Vermont where my aos application has now been transfered to?
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:32 pm
Banned

Rene you beat me to it, I was just going to ask about that. I havn't yet read the instructions for filing I-131 but if you know from experience, do I file that to Vermont where my aos application has now been transfered to?
I would file it to wherever it says you should file it on the instruction sheet. Remember to include a copy of your I-797C for your I-485.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

I would file it to wherever it says you should file it on the instruction sheet. Remember to include a copy of your I-797C for your I-485.
Indeed. Thankyou Hungry
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

+1.

Rene