Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London - Delays in Receiving Interview Letter

DCF London - Delays in Receiving Interview Letter

Old Dec 16th 2015, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

DC_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London - Delays in Receiving Interview Letter

Hello, I am a USC living in the UK and my husband and I are currently in the process of moving to the US.

03 NOV - attended medical, said it would take about 2-3 days to send docs to embassy
05 NOV - Notification of readiness completed as well as DS-260

We have yet to receive our interview date, we are nearing the end of the 6 week mark this Friday.

I emailed the embassy after 4 weeks and received a very generic email that it takes 6 weeks to receive an interview letter.

Is anyone else experiencing delays? What happens if the letter is not received within the 6 week timeline?

Thank you.
Old Dec 16th 2015, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London - Delays in Receiving Interview Letter

Originally Posted by DC_UK
Is anyone else experiencing delays?
It's the beginning of the holiday season - I'm not surprised there are delays as people take early holidays. That said, it often takes up to 8 weeks to get an interview date... it's not all that unusual.

What happens if the letter is not received within the 6 week timeline?
Nothing happens. You will be get the notice about an interview when it comes. The wheels of immigration turn slowly, but they do turn.

Ian
Old Jan 8th 2016, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

abeatty44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you receive the interview letter yet?
Old Jan 11th 2016, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

DC_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi abeatty44, no we have not.

We have emailed the embassy several times and have confirmed they have received our documents.

Do not understand why there is a delay it's been 9 weeks.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 6:17 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DC_UK

Do not understand why there is a delay it's been 9 weeks.
It always slows down over the end of the year, has for many years. Staff come home for Christmas and the New Year and I'd bet a few bucks this is the first week of full staffing since before Christmas.
Old Jan 11th 2016, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

DS-260 was submitted around 9th Dec and I submitted my notification of readiness on the 21st Dec 15. I sent an email following up today as the date on ceac website was updated on 8th Jan. They replied to me today stating that my interview letter was sent out on Friday, so it should arrive shortly. They also told me in their email that my interview is on 4th Feb.

I hope that you get your date soon.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

maumaulondon is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my readiness form 14/12/15 and knightsbridge doctors sent my my docs on 17/12/15. The embassy sent me a letter today for an interview on February 18th. You should be getting yours soon. Good luck.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 4:00 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

NoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maumaulondon
I sent my readiness form 14/12/15 and knightsbridge doctors sent my my docs on 17/12/15. The embassy sent me a letter today for an interview on February 18th. You should be getting yours soon. Good luck.
Almost identical to me. 11/12/15 for my medical, interview letter recieved today for also the 18th Feb.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

My letter also arrived today - interview date for the 4th Feb.