Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jul 4th 2012, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

ryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud of
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Indeed! It sucks that there are so many other people ahead of you in line all wanting the same thing, all equally anxious, and all equally wishing they could move things along!

Ian
What surprises me is that the US hasn't capitalized on this and provided fast-track options at an inflated price! In my experience obtaining short-term business visas for most countries there is almost always a fast-track facility that comes at a price.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 5:54 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
Just tried to track it and this message come up...

Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records. Please check and try again.
Phone the couriers and ask them.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
I got a phone call this morning from the courier, well that's who I think it was. I had hardly any reception and it was a foreign guy so found it difficult to make him out. Anyway he said something about needing to pay an extra £9.?? (couldn't make out the pence). I asked what the cost was far and he said something about extra charges and what card I would be using to pay for this. I then lost signal, they phoned back and I asked could they phone back in 2 mins as I was driving and wanted to pull over. I never heard anything back from them. The number was withheld.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Would there be extra costs due to it having to come to Northern Ireland?

Not sure what to think
If they call back, I would ask them for a number to call them on... DO NOT give out your card details to someone phoning you. If they are legit, they will give you a number and you can call them back to arrange payment. If not then they would be hesitant to give you a number.... If they give you a number though, check that the number is the same one the courier uses!! You can never be too careful this day and age with all the scams going on.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Originally Posted by lansbury
Phone the couriers and ask them.
+1
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:50 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

What "things" are you looking to speed along? Speeding up your knowledge of the case is not going to speed up the DoS' processing of the case. And how is you not knowing the case number holding up any DoS activity on the case?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by JessicaKate
Can you call the expensive number and ask for the email code to email for the case number to speed things along?
Originally Posted by JessicaKate
Will they give me my case number via email if I call the expensive number to get an email code? It sounds like thats the next biggest hold up after I-130 approval.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jul 4th 2012 at 7:53 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

hetta54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All!

I'm American and I am applying for an I-130 petition for my husband (british citizen) to come with me to America. We just got married, and I was wondering if it looks better on the application for me to use my married name even though my passport is still in my maiden name?

Thanks!
Old Jul 4th 2012, 8:05 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Lose the thought of what might "look better" - there's no better way to get into trouble than by trying to second-guess the questions asked during the immigration process. And why are you concerned about your passport?

Use whatever name you normally go by. When you introduce yourself, what name do you give? Notice also - you have looked at the I-130, right? - that it asks for "Other Names Used"?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by hetta54
I'm American and I am applying for an I-130 petition for my husband (british citizen) to come with me to America. We just got married, and I was wondering if it looks better on the application for me to use my married name even though my passport is still in my maiden name?
Old Jul 4th 2012, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

hetta54 is an unknown quantity at this point

okay great thanks, and it says a marriage license and marriage certificate is needed, as we got married at the registrars office we never received a marriage license before our wedding. Do we still need to get the marriage license as we have the marriage certificate?
Old Jul 4th 2012, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

okay great thanks, and it says a marriage license and marriage certificate is needed, as we got married at the registrars office we never received a marriage license before our wedding. Do we still need to get the marriage license as we have the marriage certificate?
I didn't.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am applying for an I-130 petition for my husband...
No, you're not. You're simply submitting an I-130 petition. It's not an application.

... it says a marriage license and marriage certificate is needed...
No, it doesn't.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jul 4th 2012 at 9:31 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is closed, due to it being a year old. It doesn't do much good to read timelines from a year ago. I've continued the thread for the new, ongoing timelines here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...7#post10155117

Please keep in mind that timeline threads are to share your timeline ONLY. If you have any questions about procedures, forms, medical, police report, etc., please create a new thread with your specific question as it relates to your specific case. Those kinds of questions get lost in the middle of long timeline threads, and takes it off topic.

Thank you,
Rene