Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all
Default Re: DCF Filing in Dec/Jan 2010/2011

Originally Posted by Trilobyte
First time posting here, but I must say reading through you guys are extremely informative. I am UKC, wife is USC, we have been living here together for 3 years, married for 16 months.

We applied on 17th Dec, and confirmation received 23rd. We had info that at that time the processing times would be 2-3 months - wishful thinking with the benefit of hindsight!

Like many of you, I have been obsessively checking the website - sometimes 10-12 times a day! When we filed, they are processing late September, (about on purported schedule) but it seems to have REALLY slowed down.

Wife now has a job offer that starts in the first week of April, and it's an opportunity that simply cannot be passed up. We are now staring down the barrel of at least three months apart

Yes we have the rest of our lives together, but this is terrible. Does anyone have any info about why this has slowed, but more importantly is it going to get any worse?!
Nope, no idea why it's so slow. I think we can guesstimate that the whole process will take about 7-8 months which of course is still faster than filing in the US. It's hard when your spouse is so far away but you're in good company here, quite a few of us UKC have been left behind whilst our US spouse has returned to get things set up. I'm probably thinking that it's not going to speed up any time soon, especially will all the April holidays but you really never know. We're all thinking positive.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You guys, I know I am a broken record on this but I guess I can not help myself.
EVEN in times where there appears to be a 'slow down' cases STILL average 4-6 months. Yours may go 6, but I would not extrapolate an end date based on what is happening with your petition this minute.

I know that those of you who don't know me are going to think 'whatever', but it's true. I'd urge you not to get yourselves worked up.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
You guys, I know I am a broken record on this but I guess I can not help myself.
EVEN in times where there appears to be a 'slow down' cases STILL average 4-6 months. Yours may go 6, but I would not extrapolate an end date based on what is happening with your petition this minute.

I know that those of you who don't know me are going to think 'whatever', but it's true. I'd urge you not to get yourselves worked up.
Thanks for the words of advice, meauxna. I know you have said it many times before! As my other half left yesterday I was a little frustrated to see the website updated to mid october. I will heed your wise words and quit worrying. what happens happens.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

shortperson is an unknown quantity at this point

speaking as a military wife my hubby has been gone since nov. we are use to the seperation but this is the hardest stint we have ever had. The lack of a date makes it so hard. Time is moveing quickley i thought it was dragging and then realised my baby is now all of a sudden 4 months old. We just need to keep ourselves busy. I dont hold much faith in the website updates espically as they are processing OCT2011 which means we should all there already lol anyone else spot the mistake?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shortperson
speaking as a military wife my hubby has been gone since nov. we are use to the seperation but this is the hardest stint we have ever had. The lack of a date makes it so hard. Time is moveing quickley i thought it was dragging and then realised my baby is now all of a sudden 4 months old. We just need to keep ourselves busy. I dont hold much faith in the website updates espically as they are processing OCT2011 which means we should all there already lol anyone else spot the mistake?
It must be so hard for both you and your husband to be apart because there is so much he is missing in your babys life. I'm sure there are little things that you want to share with him. I think there are so many of us that feel the same way. I know I can go and visit my husband but because money is still tight for us, we realise it would be more practical to save it for my move and setting up when I'm there. We've lived long distance for 5-6 years before we were married and honestly thought we wouldn't have to be apart again once married. So being alone is taking some getting used to. It would help just to have a date to count down to, if I could know when I will be with my husband again.
I don't check the website every day, I honestly have no hope in it being accurate but I do hope that since my husband and I are missing our wedding anniversary, I can be over there for his birthday at the end of August. Which would be exactly seven months from filing.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Trilobyte is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed 2011! Jesters.

Thanks guys, you've helped to put it into perspective, and I won't be checking the website anymore - seems to be little value in doing so. Put simply, what happens, happens.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

I know I should be punished...but the website updated to the 20th Oct - so things are moving and not one more grumble will be uttered from me about processing times...(just for the sanity of meauxana )
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joannabanana
I know I should be punished...but the website updated to the 20th Oct - so things are moving and not one more grumble will be uttered from me about processing times...(just for the sanity of meauxana )
HA! See, it is a plot to drive me over the edge.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

shortperson is an unknown quantity at this point

ok so it got up dated again. as of the 25th feb they are processsing the 27 oct. they are really moveing at the min
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:08 pm

ok so it got up dated again. as of the 25th feb they are processsing the 27 oct. they are really moveing at the min
What?! You mean they are not going day for day processing?
I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
What?! You mean they are not going day for day processing?
I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.
pahahahaha!! no comment.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

New Jersey Lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joannabanana
pahahahaha!! no comment.
Hi Everyone

I recently joined this site, and I am so glad to know that I am not the only person who is checking processing times like an obsessed lunatic 10 times a day

I am a UKC and I filled my I-130 at the end of november and received notification of filing as at December 9th. My husband is USC and has just accepted a role back in NYC and leaves at the end of March, but I am really hoping I can be with him by June. Feasible?

I have have got my police certificate and my husband's tax transcripts all ready to go, one quesion I have though, I used to live in NYC when I was out on a L1 visa, I was there 3 years. When I read about the police certificates it say's that one is required for everywhere you have lived for longer than 12 months, but then I read that if you were resident in the US then a police certificate is not required from there. I just want to double check, can anyone confirm? Now that the processing times actually look like they are moving I do not want to have any outstanding paperwork.

Again just want to say how happy I am I found this site. I cannot tell you how much you have saved my sanity this weekend and I might not even check on the processing times tomorrow
Old Feb 27th 2011, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jersey Girl
Hi Everyone

I recently joined this site, and I am so glad to know that I am not the only person who is checking processing times like an obsessed lunatic 10 times a day

I am a UKC and I filled my I-130 at the end of november and received notification of filing as at December 9th. My husband is USC and has just accepted a role back in NYC and leaves at the end of March, but I am really hoping I can be with him by June. Feasible?

I have have got my police certificate and my husband's tax transcripts all ready to go, one quesion I have though, I used to live in NYC when I was out on a L1 visa, I was there 3 years. When I read about the police certificates it say's that one is required for everywhere you have lived for longer than 12 months, but then I read that if you were resident in the US then a police certificate is not required from there. I just want to double check, can anyone confirm? Now that the processing times actually look like they are moving I do not want to have any outstanding paperwork.

Again just want to say how happy I am I found this site. I cannot tell you how much you have saved my sanity this weekend and I might not even check on the processing times tomorrow
Hi there, welcome

Hopefully it was your husband who filed the I-130?

You will also need more than your husband's tax transcripts.. check out the 'DCF' topic pinned at the top of the forum; it will help you figure out what all documents you need.

And the police certificate, you don't need one for time in the US. They'll get their own.

Since they're only working on the end of October, leave the processing times for I-130 alone while you work on your visa app. You'll be much happier! Oh, and June looks do-able.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

New Jersey Lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick responce, yes I should have clarified, it was of course my husband that filled the I-130 but I am the neorotic one checking processing times all day long trying to speed up the process

I saw the list of documents required thanks for that, I am working on going through my Visa application now so that it is ready. Thanks so much for clarifying the police report for the US, I thought that was the case but wanted to check. Sorry another question if you don't mind. On the application form it asks to list out all dates of previous visits to the US, do they literally mean every one? Given I lived in the US for 3 years, I did a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between the US and the UK, do I have to list every visit? Sorry if this is stupid question, i just want to make sure i do everything correctly.

Big thank you.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 8:16 pm

Well yes, if they ask for all visits it's because they want you to fill in all visits.
But, your time living in the US was not a visit. There should be another place to put your L-1 information.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.