DCF - Certificate of readiness sent -- fee to pay

DCF - Certificate of readiness sent -- fee to pay

Old Jul 20th 2015, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

kikola32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF - Certificate of readiness sent -- fee to pay

Hey Guys,

I totally blank on this one.

I'm filling DCF, submitted DS-260 and certificate of readiness.

If I remember correctly the IR-1 visa fee ($325) is payable on the interview day at the Consulate.

The USCIS immigrant fee needs to be pay before POE $165.

1/ Do we pay for the affidavit of support when filing DCF?
I recall something along the lines of $120.
2/ If we do, the invoice is sent to the petitioner correct? This is happening when our file is being reviewed or something along those lines.

Therefore, no need to pay anything after submitting DS-260 and certificate of readiness. Is that correct?

If I miss any other fee, feel free to flag it out

Thanks bunches for your responses.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 1:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - Certificate of readiness sent -- fee to pay

No fee for the I-864 when filling DCF.

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2015, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

sparkleandglitter is an unknown quantity at this point

@Kikola - Agreed with Rene. I just had my interview last week and kicked myself for forgetting this:
You can pay the interview fee ($325) in pounds sterling if you pay in cash on the day. I did remember, but I ran late with work and forgot until it was too late. So get enough cash the day before -if you work out the equivalent in pounds, you can save yourself some commission charges on your credit card for that at least!
Visa Fees | Embassy of the United States
Immigrant Visa Applicants - pay the fee to the Embassy cashier on the day of the visa interview. Fees may be paid in cash - sterling or dollar equivalent; by International Money Order or Bankers Draft; Credit Card - Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover or American Express; or Debit Card with the Visa logo. The Embassy does not accept any other credit or debit cards, or personal checks.
You will need to pay the USCIS immigrant fee online, so credit card there!

Last edited by sparkleandglitter; Jul 20th 2015 at 7:59 am.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

kikola32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your response!
All set then
Old Aug 7th 2015, 9:52 pm
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sparkleandglitter
@Kikola - Agreed with Rene. I just had my interview last week and kicked myself for forgetting this:
You can pay the interview fee ($325) in pounds sterling if you pay in cash on the day. I did remember, but I ran late with work and forgot until it was too late. So get enough cash the day before -if you work out the equivalent in pounds, you can save yourself some commission charges on your credit card for that at least!
Visa Fees | Embassy of the United States

You will need to pay the USCIS immigrant fee online, so credit card there!
Sorry guys. Just came across this. So there is 2 lots of fees yet to pay? I am aware of the £240 ish... fee for the interview, but whats the other one for? This sounds all like a money making scheme for the embassy. A price for love ey! K1 ..
Old Aug 7th 2015, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florida12
... whats the other one for?
This other fee does not apply to you. Why? Because this thread involves an immigrant visa... and you're not pursuing an immigrant visa. You're after a K-1 visa.

I suggest you not read or respond to posts which clearly relate to a different visa route than the one you're taking.

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2015, 10:07 pm
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This other fee does not apply to you. Why? Because this thread involves an immigrant visa... and you're not pursuing an immigrant visa. You're after a K-1 visa.

I suggest you not read or respond to posts which clearly relate to a different visa route than the one you're taking.

Ian
Thank you. I clearly got confused after reading the one bit that I recognise.. I-864!