Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR1 Application Timeline

CR1 Application Timeline

Old Jan 15th 2019, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

kbales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CR1 Application Timeline

Hi everyone! My husband had his interview at the embassy today. I will post a full outline of his experience soon, but for now we just have a question. Luckily (and a little unplanned) I was able to attend the interview with him because I surprised my husband in England two weeks ago. I didn't think I would be able to go in, but as we were waiting in line outside before the appointment, we learned that I would be able to go in! (Very exciting!) When my husband eventually reached the final interview stage, I was sitting close enough to hear the questions. I could hear that the interviewer was bringing up my W2 from 2017 - which I don't have because I didn't work enough that year to earn any money. I heard my husband say "Well, she's just sitting here, would you like to ask her?" And then flagged me over. Now this is the part that gets to be a little annoying. While the man interviewing us was nice, I felt as if he wasn't really prepared. He told me that he was missing a letter from my employer stating how much money I make, and an explanation as to why I don't have a W2 for 2017. I very respectfully replied, "I did submit a letter from my employer and a statement for the missing W2. We also have paper copies of both of those documents with us." The man replied, "Oh, I thought I checked everything, one second." After some clicking on the computer, he said "Oh sorry, I do have the letter from your employer - that's fine." After a couple more minutes of searching, he said that he still couldn't find the statement of explanation for the missing W2 - even though I had definitely submitted it. Long story short (kind of), he approved my husband's visa as long as the explanation of my W2 is electronically submitted. He finished the interview by saying congratulations and giving well wishes for our life in Texas. So, our question is, has anyone else recently experienced missing a document at the interview stage? And how much more time will this add to the return of his passport and the "white packet." We submitted the document electronically immediately after we finished the interview (in the waiting area next to the interview stalls). We then emailed as well to confirm that we had submitted it.
Thanks so much for any advice! Overall it was a successful day, however I still left feeling disappointed that it still isn't *officially* over.