Reload this Page >

CR1 Application Timeline

CR1 Application Timeline

Old Mar 17th 2018, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

kbales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CR1 Application Timeline

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, it would be OK for him to enter the USA using his CR-1 visa, then turn around and go back to work in the UK for another few months.

Rene
Perfect! Thank you so much for the quick response.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it would be OK for him to enter the USA using his CR-1 visa, then turn around and go back to work in the UK for another few months.

Rene
Although when he returns to the UK he should record all of his earnings as it will make him a US tax resident for his worldwide income.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Although when he returns to the UK he should record all of his earnings as it will make him a US tax resident for his worldwide income.
Great point. Thanks!
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Great news!! I just received the letter yesterday that our I-130 was approved!! This happened MUCH faster than I was anticipating. I mailed it in on September 21, 2017 and we received the approval letter on April 8, 2018. That's around 6.5 months. Has anyone else had theirs come in this quickly yet? I'm definitely not mad about it, just curious!!

Also, I'm curious about what's next. Is there anything I can do from the US or that my husband needs to do in the UK to get us prepared for the next step?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by kbales; Apr 9th 2018 at 12:16 am.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbales
Great news!! I just received the letter yesterday that our I-130 was approved!! This happened MUCH faster than I was anticipating. I mailed it in on September 21, 2017 and we received the approval letter on April 8, 2018. That's around 6.5 months. Has anyone else had theirs come in this quickly yet? I'm definitely not mad about it, just curious!!

Also, I'm curious about what's next. Is there anything I can do from the US or that my husband needs to do in the UK to get us prepared for the next step?

Thanks everyone!
Get your tax transcripts and evidence ready for the I-864.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone!
UKC will need ARCO (police) certificate and a photocopy will need to be sent off with your documents to NVC when that time comes. Expect a 5+ week wait now till you hear anything from NVC.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 10:29 am
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine took about 6 months too, but then took a month to be transferred to NVC from TSC.

This is a good place to start: NVC

It will give you an insight into the next stage.

Under collecting supporting document make sure you look at "Petitioners Documents", especially if you have been divorced.

There are a few of us at the NVC stage so I'm sure we can help.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keoman
UKC will need ARCO (police) certificate and a photocopy will need to be sent off with your documents to NVC when that time comes. Expect a 5+ week wait now till you hear anything from NVC.
He should also see his doctor for the medical summary which is required for his medical at Knightsbridge. Also if there are any immunizations he is missing, he might be able to get them at his doctor's for free rather than having to pay out of pocket at Knightsbridge.

Be sure that he has copies and originals of all documents, i.e. marriage certificate, prior divorce certificates, if applicable, a copy of the Affidavit of Support I-864 which you will be submitting to the NVC on his behalf.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

My husband is visiting the US from May 10th-June 19th (YAY!). Are there any original documents that I should have him bring over or that I should send him back to the UK with? I guess I need to know which documents I will be mailing to the NVC that he might have with him in the UK. And then also which documents I might have here in the US that he will need to bring with him when it becomes time for his interview and other things. For example, birth certificates, marriage license, etc. (Neither of us have been previously married)
Old May 1st 2018, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

My husband has gotten his medical summary and sent off for his ACRO. He wants to be sure that what he has gotten is correct.
The medical summary is one page and is titled "Patient Summary: Quick Glance - With Summary." The receptionist at his GP said that she could also get his full medical records if he needs more in depth information, but that would take some time and he can cancel the request at any time if he ends up not needing it.
I told him that I think the medical summary is all he needs now, but I just wanted to be sure. And in regards to my last post, should he bring these documents with him to the US when he visits next week? Or will he be mailing those off on his own from England? Just trying to make mailing a bit easier if it can be
Old May 2nd 2018, 11:28 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is visiting the US from May 10th-June 19th (YAY!). Are there any original documents that I should have him bring over or that I should send him back to the UK with? I guess I need to know which documents I will be mailing to the NVC that he might have with him in the UK. And then also which documents I might have here in the US that he will need to bring with him when it becomes time for his interview and other things. For example, birth certificates, marriage license, etc. (Neither of us have been previously married)
The NVC only requires copies so best not to carry originals back and forth on his travels. He will need his long-form birth certificate if he doesn't already have it. Make a few copies of everything just in case. Was he ever in the military? He will need his discharge paperwork if he was. Again, copies only for the NVC, no originals.

Medical summary is not needed for the NVC.

He will need originals for the interview, including the marriage certificate.
Old May 30th 2018, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

We have just received the welcome email from the NVC! I was reading through everything, and noticed that they have my husband going to the consulate in Stockholm because when we filed the I-130 that's where we were living. However, we haven't been in Sweden since November 2017. Does anyone know the easiest/quickest way to get this changed to London? Thanks!
Old May 30th 2018, 8:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Contact NVC ASAP. If they haven't already shipped your case, maybe they can reroute it. Otherwise you'll have to wait until it arrives in Sweden and then request a transfer.

Rene

Rene
Old May 30th 2018, 10:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Contact NVC ASAP. If they haven't already shipped your case, maybe they can reroute it. Otherwise you'll have to wait until it arrives in Sweden and then request a transfer.

Rene

Rene
Agreed with the above but question if they would have shipped it off to the US Consulate as yet. It appears that kbales only got the welcome letter stating that it is now at the NVC. Doesn't she/he have to go through the pre-requisite documentation for approval before it is sent to the appropriate Consulate? For example, the I-864.
Old May 31st 2018, 1:05 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Agreed with the above but question if they would have shipped it off to the US Consulate as yet. It appears that kbales only got the welcome letter stating that it is now at the NVC. Doesn't she/he have to go through the pre-requisite documentation for approval before it is sent to the appropriate Consulate? For example, the I-864.

correct. The welcome letter means the NVC have just received (within the last two weeks) the file from USCIS. It's not going anywhere until all civil and financial docs have been submitted, checked, fees paid, DS-260 and DS-261 completed.

Kbales - call NVC asap and get a LND number not a Copenhagen one. The sooner you do that, the easier it is. Don't pay any fees or submit any docs until you get the correct case number or it becomes a nightmare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.