Reload this Page >

CR1 Application Timeline

CR1 Application Timeline

Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

kbales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR1 Application Timeline

Hi everyone!

I finally got my I-130 and I-130a (and everything else required) mailed off! I'm just curious about the timeline from here on out. Of course it's different for everyone, but I'm just wondering when I might be finding out when it's been received/processed/check been cashed/(anything really).

The package was delivered on September 21st, and I haven't heard anything yet. Should I be expecting anything any time soon?

I might be being a bit too eager, I'm just so nervous to know if everything was done correctly and I can maybe start to relax!

Thanks for all the help!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Application Timeline

I was under the impression a CR1 is 8-10 months on average and a little bit quicker if DCF was used.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 5:27 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we sent our I130 with a G-1145 on 06/20/17 to the Chicago Lock Box.
It was received on 06/23/17.
My USC wife received email confirmation on 06/27/17 saying it was being transferred to the Texas Service Centre.
The NOA1 (I-797C) came through a few weeks later.

I would expect you will hear something within the next few days.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, kbales!

Congratulations on starting the process - exciting!

I'm Kate (UKC) and my husband is Pete (USC), and we are just now nearing the end of our CR-1 journey.

I have a timeline on this forum, which you can view here if you wish, which details much of our adventures along the way. In my signature, you will also find a link to a blog which contains a more condensed version of our timeline, and which details each of the significant steps we took (and which you will likely take!) along the journey. You are right, of course, to acknowledge that each case is different and that timelines will vary from case to case. BenK91 is right to suggest that the average timeline is 8-10 months, but mine and my husband's is now approaching the 12-month mark. Others get completed a lot sooner.

As you'll see from my timeline, mine and my husband's I-130 was filed last October, and we received an electronic receipt a week later; our paper NOA-1 arrived within a fortnight of USCIS receiving our package. I imagine you will hear something from them quite soon! My husband and I then had a 6.5 month wait before we received our NOA-2, and that certainly felt like (and literally was) the longest part of the process, so cosy on down and get comfortable for the ride, is my advice.

I found that the nerves and excitement were absolutely rife at the start of the process, but you'll soon find yourself getting quite used to long waits, and you'll accept that things will simply take as long as they take. The first nine months were incredibly dull and slow for us, but things are whizzing by now! We are hoping and anticipating that I should be in the USA for Thanksgiving this year, as a permanent resident. So the whole process will likely take ~13 months for us.

Good luck on your journey! You're in a great place full of great people, here, who will guide you along your way if you ever get stuck. This forum has been an immeasurable help for me, and I'm sure it will be for you, too, if you need it.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Brownie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

If all goes well with my interview next month, the whole process will have taken us exactly 10 months. It probably would have been 8 months, but we got a checklist at the NVC stage and it slowed us down about 7 weeks.

Good luck on your journey!
Old Sep 29th 2017, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used DCF and from start to finish it could of been completed in a month if I had evidence of MMR jabs had been available. As is I should complete next weeks. Start to finish 7 weeks.

My i-130 took a week!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all of the input everyone!

I received the letter in the mail on October 2nd showing the receipt of payment. So now the real waiting begins!

I am curious though, I've noticed people talking about receiving an email around this stage, and I haven't yet. I got the letter in the mail, but no email so far. Is that something that I should have gotten by now?
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kbales
Thanks for all of the input everyone!

I received the letter in the mail on October 2nd showing the receipt of payment. So now the real waiting begins!

I am curious though, I've noticed people talking about receiving an email around this stage, and I haven't yet. I got the letter in the mail, but no email so far. Is that something that I should have gotten by now?
I received the confirmation email the day after I got the I-797c in the post. You got the letter so I'm sure the email will come soon.

Sean
Old Jan 6th 2018, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: CR1 Application

Hello everyone!

We are still waiting to hear back on the status of our application, and I'm trying to be as patient as possible!

Because I have nothing better to do at this point, I spend most of my time going over and over every aspect of the application I sent in. I've read some recent posts about when social security cards/numbers are issued, which has gotten me thinking about my husband's. He lived in the US for 4 years as a university student, during which he worked for the school - meaning he already has a social security number. So since he has one already, will that be the number that he keeps? I assumed they don't give people a different one, but I wasn't sure.

Not necessarily a pressing question, just something my mind has been pondering and focusing on!
Old Jan 6th 2018, 12:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he keeps the same number. It's his for life.

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2018, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, he keeps the same number. It's his for life.

Rene
Great! Thank you very much
Old Jan 6th 2018, 3:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbales
Hello everyone!

We are still waiting to hear back on the status of our application, and I'm trying to be as patient as possible!

Because I have nothing better to do at this point, I spend most of my time going over and over every aspect of the application I sent in. I've read some recent posts about when social security cards/numbers are issued, which has gotten me thinking about my husband's. He lived in the US for 4 years as a university student, during which he worked for the school - meaning he already has a social security number. So since he has one already, will that be the number that he keeps? I assumed they don't give people a different one, but I wasn't sure.

Not necessarily a pressing question, just something my mind has been pondering and focusing on!

Yes, it is his for life. On subsequent applications if he is asked for his social security number he should insert the number he was given years ago.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, it is his for life. On subsequent applications if he is asked for his social security number he should insert the number he was given years ago.
Good to know! We used that number on his I-130A.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all!

Another quick question. I've been looking through some posts, and noticed a form called G-1145 for e-notification. I didn't send this along with the I-130 forms because I honestly hadn't heard of it. Is this why I never received an email after they received my application? Am I missing out having not sent it in? Just want to be sure I didn't leave out anything crucial! It's not a good time to be realizing things that weren't sent in!!
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:21 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

We sent one in for each of us, however only my wife received an email when they received our application. I don't think you are missing out at all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.