Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Administrative Processing Question

Administrative Processing Question

Old Jan 15th 2019, 1:34 am
Just Joined

katiemack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Administrative Processing Question

This wait is driving me crazy. We’ve been in administrative processing since December 20th, the day of the interview, since the embassy was waiting on my husband’s medical results. Knightsbridge received the additional document they needed from my husband on January 2nd and they sent out his medical results on January 5th at the latest is what we were told. We checked the status on Friday January 11th and he’s still in administrative processing, but the date changed from December 20th to January 11th. Is this a good sign ad should we be hopeful that his visa will be issued soon since the date changed? I wasn’t sure if that meant anything but I’m hoping it does because I’m getting so impatient. I’m so ready for my husband to be out here with me already!
Old Jan 15th 2019, 2:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Administrative Processing Question

There's no way to know four sure what the date change means, so don't take it as indicative of anything.

Knightsbridge sent the medical results on the 5th (Saturday?). It takes about 4 days for the embassy to receive the results, so getting an update on the 11th (Friday) makes sense. Assume the embassy didn't do anything over the weekend, so starting now, you will be waiting for the results to get to the right desk, for the officer to have time to review it, approve it, get the visa manufactured, put in your passport and returned by courier.

I'd give it at least another 2 or 3 weeks.

Rene
Old Jan 15th 2019, 11:25 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Administrative Processing Question

Is this a good sign
It means nothing more than someone 'touched' your case for some reason. I agree with the timeline proposed above.