Reload this Page >

CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Originally Posted by KK85
Yesterday, I received notification of my interview date. The email came through at 9am, so on London time, which I wasn't expecting - the news made my workday far more fun! My interview is scheduled for the 7th of November. So from case complete to notification of interview date, it took exactly one week, and with 5.5 weeks to wait until the interview.

I called Knightsbridge straight away and booked my medical, which is going to take place on the 4th of October (next Wednesday!) - I was amazed to get an appointment so soon; I had imagined they'd be all booked up for a couple of weeks. The lady took my case number, but didn't ask for confirmation of my interview date. I'm hopeful that with a month between the medical and the interview, I've allowed plenty of time to deal with any potential complications due to my past mental health history and avoid any delays, but fingers crossed all will run smoothly anyway.

Fortunately my ACRO will be valid as it doesn't run out until November, so I won't need to order a new one - phew! And now it's just a case of collating all my documents, ready to go. I shall be staying overnight in London to avoid any travel panic.

I'll check in again after the medical! Here goes!
Fantastic news. Congratulations. I was also surprised how soon it was possible to get an appointment.

You'll have to confirm your interview date on arrival at the doctor's practice.

Good news about your ACRO... will save some money and time.

I walked to the Bentinck Street practice from Victoria. Took me through some swanky areas and fortuitously past the US Embassy, so I now know how to get there next week too!

All the best, I'm sure the medical will be fine for you.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Update!

I had my medical yesterday. I have written a huge post about the entire process, so I won't repeat the details on this thread, but if you are interested, that post is here.

I need to provide a little more information from my GP, but I don't believe this is anything that should cause any delay in my case (thank goodness for booking the medical a full month ahead of the interview!) and the day overall was a success, and nowhere near as scary as I'd imagined.

Sean81, I walked to Paddington Station from Bentinck Street - also very swanky! I lived in London for a year, but I don't think I'd ever walked those streets before. I'll be travelling to Victoria for the interview visit, I imagine! Wishing you lots of luck for your upcoming interview.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KK85
Update!

I had my medical yesterday. I have written a huge post about the entire process, so I won't repeat the details on this thread, but if you are interested, that post is here.

I need to provide a little more information from my GP, but I don't believe this is anything that should cause any delay in my case (thank goodness for booking the medical a full month ahead of the interview!) and the day overall was a success, and nowhere near as scary as I'd imagined.

Sean81, I walked to Paddington Station from Bentinck Street - also very swanky! I lived in London for a year, but I don't think I'd ever walked those streets before. I'll be travelling to Victoria for the interview visit, I imagine! Wishing you lots of luck for your upcoming interview.
Fantastic. Congratulations!
Yeah thanks, Tuesday can't come soon enough!
Old Nov 8th 2017, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

I am delighted to report that I had my interview at the embassy yesterday, and that my visa has been approved. The results of my medical had only arrived at the embassy yesterday morning, so good timing, especially considering my interview was at 9am!

As of this morning, the status of my visa on the CEAC website has already changed to 'issued', so hopefully that means it won't be too long before it's in my hands. A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I (very optimistically) booked a (cheaply and easily amendable) flight for next Friday, the 17th of November. We fully appreciate that this is cutting it fine, but we were hopeful that I could be there for a big family gathering next Sunday (which is now cancelled due to a death in the family, unfortunately, but our intents made sense at the time) - let's see what happens!

I will post a new thread with more details about the interview process just as soon as I have five minutes to sit still, but wanted to update quickly with the news.

Thank you all so much for your guidance throughout this process, especially to Rete, Pulaski, Tom, Rene, Twinkle and the much-missed Ian. I will post a proper thank you, too, when I'm not rushing on my lunch break.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Brownie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on your approval! I received a notification that my visa was ready for collection no more than 3 days after my status changed to issued.
You should have yours in no time!
Old Nov 8th 2017, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

That’s amazing news, congrats!! I’m sure a huge weight off your shoulders with all the medical difficulties! All the best with the soon to come trip next week!!!
Old Nov 8th 2017, 2:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

After all the worry about the medical and the hoops you had to jump through, I'm so happy that you were approved immediately.

Just think, you will be at home for your first Thanksgiving as a PR.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic! Congratulations to you. I know it's been a stressful few months for you especially with the medical history issues.

Mine has been delayed with requests for more info, but I'm hoping the last of it was sent yesterday. I'm therefore (optimistically) hoping that I might get my passport back next week and be there by the weekend as well! But we shall see, I'm not getting my hopes up too much just yet.

Congratulations, again.
Sean
Old Nov 8th 2017, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news to hear you are finally approved :-)
Old Nov 9th 2017, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you all so much for your well wishes! Sorry to hear that you've hit a small delay, Sean. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you that everything happens quickly from here on out.

It has certainly been a long and stressful road for my husband and I, and I'll be glad to see the end of it. Immigration is stressful enough on its own, especially with little complications such as mine. On top of that, these past six months have seen me finishing a degree; we lost my mother-in-law in May after a long, awful battle with brain cancer; we lost another dear member of the family last week due to a brain aneurysm at just 53... it has been a trying time and we have certainly been tested. We are all the stronger for it, of that I have no doubt.

I am very much looking forward to finally being home with my husband and my cat, and enjoying my first Thanksgiving in my new home.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Another small update:

I received the eagerly anticipated email this morning from the courier, to say that they've received my documents and that their estimated delivery date is tomorrow. (Today is six days (the fifth working day) since my interview, for anyone keeping tabs on DX and their timelines.)

So if all goes to plan, we're looking good to go for my scheduled flight on Friday!

I had my goodbye meal with my oldest friends and some of my family this past weekend, and will be spending my final day as a resident of the UK with my siblings and my two baby nephews.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Won't be long now. Be sure to ask about the green card being made with your married name on it when you get to the POE. If there is a chance to change it before manufacture, that this is the time.

Happy and safe flight.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Won't be long now. Be sure to ask about the green card being made with your married name on it when you get to the POE. If there is a chance to change it before manufacture, that this is the time.

Happy and safe flight.
Thank you, Rete. I shall do!
Old Nov 14th 2017, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations Kate. Very happy for you.

My CEAC status changed to 'Issued' yesterday thankfully, so now I'm frantically checking my emails every 5 minutes hoping for that one from DX. However, if yours took 5-7 days then I just need to be patient for a little while longer.

Congrats again.
Sean
Old Nov 14th 2017, 2:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.