Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / Marriage Based Visas

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:42 pm   #76
Sean81 
Just Joined

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK85 View Post
Yesterday, I received notification of my interview date. The email came through at 9am, so on London time, which I wasn't expecting - the news made my workday far more fun! My interview is scheduled for the 7th of November. So from case complete to notification of interview date, it took exactly one week, and with 5.5 weeks to wait until the interview.

I called Knightsbridge straight away and booked my medical, which is going to take place on the 4th of October (next Wednesday!) - I was amazed to get an appointment so soon; I had imagined they'd be all booked up for a couple of weeks. The lady took my case number, but didn't ask for confirmation of my interview date. I'm hopeful that with a month between the medical and the interview, I've allowed plenty of time to deal with any potential complications due to my past mental health history and avoid any delays, but fingers crossed all will run smoothly anyway.

Fortunately my ACRO will be valid as it doesn't run out until November, so I won't need to order a new one - phew! And now it's just a case of collating all my documents, ready to go. I shall be staying overnight in London to avoid any travel panic.

I'll check in again after the medical! Here goes!
Fantastic news. Congratulations. I was also surprised how soon it was possible to get an appointment.

You'll have to confirm your interview date on arrival at the doctor's practice.

Good news about your ACRO... will save some money and time.

I walked to the Bentinck Street practice from Victoria. Took me through some swanky areas and fortuitously past the US Embassy, so I now know how to get there next week too!

All the best, I'm sure the medical will be fine for you.
Sean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:09 pm   #77
KK85 Female
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Update!

I had my medical yesterday. I have written a huge post about the entire process, so I won't repeat the details on this thread, but if you are interested, that post is here.

I need to provide a little more information from my GP, but I don't believe this is anything that should cause any delay in my case (thank goodness for booking the medical a full month ahead of the interview!) and the day overall was a success, and nowhere near as scary as I'd imagined.

Sean81, I walked to Paddington Station from Bentinck Street - also very swanky! I lived in London for a year, but I don't think I'd ever walked those streets before. I'll be travelling to Victoria for the interview visit, I imagine! Wishing you lots of luck for your upcoming interview.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:33 pm   #78
Sean81 
Just Joined

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK85 View Post
Update!

I had my medical yesterday. I have written a huge post about the entire process, so I won't repeat the details on this thread, but if you are interested, that post is here.

I need to provide a little more information from my GP, but I don't believe this is anything that should cause any delay in my case (thank goodness for booking the medical a full month ahead of the interview!) and the day overall was a success, and nowhere near as scary as I'd imagined.

Sean81, I walked to Paddington Station from Bentinck Street - also very swanky! I lived in London for a year, but I don't think I'd ever walked those streets before. I'll be travelling to Victoria for the interview visit, I imagine! Wishing you lots of luck for your upcoming interview.
Fantastic. Congratulations!
Yeah thanks, Tuesday can't come soon enough!
Sean81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / Marriage Based Visas