Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Old Dec 9th 2016, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Approved in London on Tuesday. Visa shows as 'issued' (as of today). Now waiting on the edge of my seat for notification from the courier. Hoping to fly on the 19th.
Congratulations! I've seen a few replies recently of a pretty fast turn around on the issuance and courier delivery in London, so fingers crossed.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 10:51 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Congratulations! I've seen a few replies recently of a pretty fast turn around on the issuance and courier delivery in London, so fingers crossed.

Visa in hand today - 7 days after interview so it seems the turn around is indeed pretty fast in London.

POE on Monday. Reuniting with my husband for the first time in 7 months!!!
Old Dec 13th 2016, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

This is fantastic, Twinkle! Congratulations! So utterly happy for you - what a wonderful Christmas present!
Old Dec 13th 2016, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Visa in hand today - 7 days after interview so it seems the turn around is indeed pretty fast in London.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Dec 30th 2016, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, all! I hope everyone's enjoying a good Christmas/holiday.

Could anyone perhaps enlighten me as to roughly the best time in this process to purchase copies of my medical/vaccination documents, or at least what date-window the copies need to be in (i.e. no more than six months old)?

I've (most likely) made the mistake of ordering my ACRO too far in advance for it to still be valid at my medical, and would like to avoid doing the same with my medical stuff if possible.

(Rough estimation for my medical/interview, based on average stats: May - Aug 2017.)

I was planning on requesting the documents in January in order to get another thing ticked off the list, but if there's a six-month date window, as per the ACRO, I'll hold off for a bit longer.

Thank you! Apologies for the neuroses!
Old Dec 30th 2016, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KK85

Could anyone perhaps enlighten me as to roughly the best time in this process to purchase copies of my medical/vaccination documents, or at least what date-window the copies need to be in (i.e. no more than six months old)?

I've (most likely) made the mistake of ordering my ACRO too far in advance for it to still be valid at my medical, and would like to avoid doing the same with my medical stuff if possible.

(Rough estimation for my medical/interview, based on average stats: May - Aug 2017.)

I was planning on requesting the documents in January in order to get another thing ticked off the list, but if there's a six-month date window, as per the ACRO, I'll hold off for a bit longer.

To my knowledge there is no time limit on a copy of vaccinations. Many people take in their "red book" from childhood.

Sounds like your ACRO will likely be out of date. Oh well, the worst case is paying some more money for another copy.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

To my knowledge there is no time limit on a copy of vaccinations. Many people take in their "red book" from childhood.

Sounds like your ACRO will likely be out of date. Oh well, the worst case is paying some more money for another copy.
That's great news - thank you, Tom! I'll get on that in the new year.

At least the ACRO mistake was only a £40 one - in the grand scheme of things, it could have been much worse! It's made me even more careful, if anything, so perhaps it was £40 well wasted in the long-run.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 4:39 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Police certificate is valid for 12 months so you might just get in with your timescale. If not, it's no big deal to get another one.

I had the GP print out a list of vaccines, took 2 minutes at most. The print out had the date on it. I did this about 2 weeks before the medical (so that it would show my flu shot too as I emigrated during flu season). This was accepted with no issues at the London medical. I didn't grow up in the UK so I don't have one of those red baby books that people mention.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Police certificate is valid for 12 months so you might just get in with your timescale. If not, it's no big deal to get another one.

I had the GP print out a list of vaccines, took 2 minutes at most. The print out had the date on it. I did this about 2 weeks before the medical (so that it would show my flu shot too as I emigrated during flu season). This was accepted with no issues at the London medical. I didn't grow up in the UK so I don't have one of those red baby books that people mention.

That's reassuring - thank you, Twinkle. (Hope you're settling in okay Stateside!)

I've spoken to my doctor's surgery, and they need me to put the request in writing, and pay a £30 processing fee. I guess it must vary from surgery to surgery?!

Is it advisable to get the flu shot done prior to the medical, do you know?

I've read that the ACRO, while valid for 12 months, needs to be no older than 6 months at the time of the medical examination. I ordered mine in early November, thinking I was on top of my game, so I'll be very lucky if it stays in date; but indeed, not the hardest thing in the world to organise again if needs be.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 4:52 pm
Banned

Yes, settling in just fine here. I start work next week so that'll give me something to do during the day whilst The Husband is at work too instead of watching game shows. I'm actually convinced game shows are much easier here and the prizes are much bigger and I'm thinking it could be a lucrative prospect for me.... but I digress.

I'm looking at the email I got from Knightsbridge when the appointment for the medical was made and it says police certificate should be no more than 12 months old. I got mine in May and had medical in November.

If you're going to be emigrating during flu season then you need the flu shot at the latest by the medical. Knightsbridge price for this year is £22. I qualified for a free NHS one as I have previously had a stroke. So obviously I took the free one. But even Boots are cheaper than Knightsbridge if you have to pay for one.

Last edited by Twinkle0927; Dec 30th 2016 at 4:55 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, settling in just fine here. I start work next week so that'll give me something to do during the day whilst The Husband is at work too instead of watching game shows. I'm actually convinced game shows are much easier here and the prizes are much bigger and I'm thinking it could be a lucrative prospect for me.... but I digress.

I'm looking at the email I got from Knightsbridge when the appointment for the medical was made and it says police certificate should be no more than 12 months old. I got mine in May and had medical in November.

If you're going to be emigrating during flu season then you need the flu shot at the latest by the medical. Knightsbridge price for this year is £22. I qualified for a free NHS one as I have previously had a stroke. So obviously I took the free one. But even Boots are cheaper than Knightsbridge if you have to pay for one.
This is all fantastic advice - thank you very much! I don't think I qualify for a free flu shot, but I'll definitely look into my options. I've budgeted £290 for the medical, so will need to double-check that I understand all of those fees correctly.

Fingers crossed the ACRO might still be okay, then! Your information is certainly reassuring! That £40 can pay for all my lovely jabs.

Good luck in your competitive endeavours! My US mother-in-law is obsessed with her game shows. I'm either completely ignorant (quite likely) and don't watch the right TV, or I'm correct in thinking America seems to have clung onto a lot of shows we don't have in the UK anymore, right? Do we still have The Price is Right?! I swear those shows disappeared into the ether years ago, and yet she still sits there and watches them every evening.

Either way, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make your millions, and in the meantime, enjoy your new job! Congratulations!
Old Dec 30th 2016, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is all fantastic advice - thank you very much! I don't think I qualify for a free flu shot, but I'll definitely look into my options. I've budgeted £290 for the medical, so will need to double-check that I understand all of those fees correctly.

Fingers crossed the ACRO might still be okay, then! Your information is certainly reassuring! That £40 can pay for all my lovely jabs.

Good luck in your competitive endeavours! My US mother-in-law is obsessed with her game shows. I'm either completely ignorant (quite likely) and don't watch the right TV, or I'm correct in thinking America seems to have clung onto a lot of shows we don't have in the UK anymore, right? Do we still have The Price is Right?! I swear those shows disappeared into the ether years ago, and yet she still sits there and watches them every evening.

Either way, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make your millions, and in the meantime, enjoy your new job! Congratulations!
For flu shot you may well be able to get a free one here on your insurance. I know I can (and really should get round to it).
Old Dec 30th 2016, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

For flu shot you may well be able to get a free one here on your insurance. I know I can (and really should get round to it).
Okay, this thread actually persuaded me to go get it. Got a $5 coupon too at the local grocery store.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Okay, this thread actually persuaded me to go get it. Got a $5 coupon too at the local grocery store.
I consider this a major BE win!
Old Jan 1st 2017, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Brownie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I also got ahead of myself and ordered my police certificate already, our NOA1 for the I-130 was dated 14/12. Which service center was your petition sent to? Ours was forwarded to Texas Service Center.

Wishing you luck on your journey!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.