Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Visa Timeline/Journey!

Yay! So glad it's moving along now!

You are nearly there! My embassy appt is on Thursday so the finish line is in sight!

I wish it was as quick for you guys as it is via DCF xoxo
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Update!

My husband and I received an email from the NVC, yesterday, to say that they had received all of the requested documentation for our case, and that I am now in a queue awaiting an interview appointment. From receipt of our paperwork to the date we received that notification, it took exactly eight weeks.

Hopefully it might only be a couple of weeks before we receive confirmation of an interview date - I've seen a wide array of differences in timescales at this point. I do know they book a month in advance, so I'm hoping we might hear back before mid-October, and am holding out hope that I might be able to move over in time for my very first Thanksgiving. (Not counting my turkeys - we accept that it's quite possible it'll be a December move. Fingers crossed, though! I am currently bunking up with a cousin, in a house with no WiFi (THE HORROR) while my husband and I are on the last leg of this adventure - I am quite ready to be home with him now.)

I will update again once we hear anything more. Sorry for such quiet from me on the forums, lately - I am missing this place! Please see: WiFi issue. It makes you feel horribly out of the loop when you can't easily keep up-to-date with routines and people here!

Viitav, I hope your interview was a success.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh yay!!!! Amazing news! You are so nearly there.
The interview in London was so quick and painless just make sure your paperwork is in order and you'll be fine.

My interview was great and was in and out in 30 mins!

Just preparing to move now - we leave on the 28th of October so nearly time to go! SO excited and nervous.
Start my job in our Wall St office on the 1st of December so I have 4 weeks to find an apartment whilst we are in our AirBNB!

xoxo
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats over getting through the NVC stage! Hope you do get over for your first thanksgiving, I was on a visit last year for my first and it was an experience! Nearly the end of the road for you 😊
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KK85

My husband and I received an email from the NVC...From receipt of our paperwork to the date we received that notification, it took exactly eight weeks.

Hopefully it might only be a couple of weeks before we receive confirmation of an interview date
I received that email on August 21st and received my interview date email on September 1st.

Hopefully yours will come through just as quickly!
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viitav
My interview was great and was in and out in 30 mins!

Just preparing to move now - we leave on the 28th of October so nearly time to go!
I'm so pleased, viitav! Congratulations! And all the very best getting everything sorted in the run-up to your move - sounds like you have your hands full, but so exciting!

Originally Posted by Keoman
Congrats over getting through the NVC stage! Hope you do get over for your first thanksgiving, I was on a visit last year for my first and it was an experience! Nearly the end of the road for you 😊
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Sean81
I received that email on August 21st and received my interview date email on September 1st.
That's a big ol' boost to the morale - thank you, Sean! Indeed, fingers crossed Pete and I have the same luck - the rest of the process has been relatively drawn out for us, so we'll be glad for a speedy final hurdle. When is your interview taking place?
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Brownie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so pleased, viitav! Congratulations! And all the very best getting everything sorted in the run-up to your move - sounds like you have your hands full, but so exciting!

Thank you!

That's a big ol' boost to the morale - thank you, Sean! Indeed, fingers crossed Pete and I have the same luck - the rest of the process has been relatively drawn out for us, so we'll be glad for a speedy final hurdle. When is your interview taking place?
They usually start scheduling interviews at the end of the month. Our case was completed at the NVC on 31st August, but I missed the first batch of interview dates that were given out in early September.

However, my husband and I received the interview date on 14th September (for mid October).

Hopefully you will receive yours within the next week!
Good luck!
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

My interview is on October 10th, so the time between receiving the email and the day of the interview is 5.5 weeks. A little longer than I was hoping for but on the bright side, it gave me plenty of time to book my medical and get everything planned and in order for the move. The waiting (and being apart) isn't half as bad when you actually have a date!

I understand your frustration...for Teresa and I the process has been going for over a year: USCIS received our I-130 on August 8th 2016, so it will be more or less 14 months, start-to-finish. I had a RFE at the NVC stage though, which I think delayed us by a few months. However, we're lucky that our respective jobs have allowed us to spend a good portion of the past year together with various trips here and there, unlike some on here who spend the entirety of the process apart!
Old Sep 24th 2017, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brownie87
They usually start scheduling interviews at the end of the month. Our case was completed at the NVC on 31st August, but I missed the first batch of interview dates that were given out in early September.

However, my husband and I received the interview date on 14th September (for mid October).
Thank you for this, Brownie! I recall Rete and Twinkle saying as much, too, about the scheduling taking place at the end of the month. Let's hope we might have been in with enough time so that I might get an early/mid November appointment.

Very best of luck at your interview! Almost there!

Originally Posted by Sean81
My interview is on October 10th, so the time between receiving the email and the day of the interview is 5.5 weeks. A little longer than I was hoping for but on the bright side, it gave me plenty of time to book my medical and get everything planned and in order for the move. The waiting (and being apart) isn't half as bad when you actually have a date!

I understand your frustration...for Teresa and I the process has been going for over a year: USCIS received our I-130 on August 8th 2016, so it will be more or less 14 months, start-to-finish. I had a RFE at the NVC stage though, which I think delayed us by a few months. However, we're lucky that our respective jobs have allowed us to spend a good portion of the past year together with various trips here and there, unlike some on here who spend the entirety of the process apart!
I'm right there with you. For some reason, there was a two-month wait between my husband and I receiving our NOA2 and our case number. We tried calling a couple of times, but could never get through to a human. So that held us back a bit - I believe that wait is more commonly just a couple of weeks! But here we are, finally reaching the end of everything now, so never mind. Assuming I can move over in November, it will have been a 13 month process for us, so on the longer side of average for us, too. Like you and Teresa, Pete and I have been fortunate to spend a few good chunks of time together this year - more-so than usual - so we don't often complain about the process. We have been quite lucky.

Very best of luck for your interview! Even though mine hasn't been confirmed yet, everything suddenly seems to be happening rather quickly. I can absolutely understand why having a date secured makes it not half as bad! May I ask (sorry to keep pestering you), did you wait until your interview date was confirmed before you booked your medical? I am considering calling Knightsbridge this week and seeing if I can secure an appointment - I have a couple of historical medical issues that I'm anxious might complicate things, so I'm hoping to put as much space between the medical and the interview as I possibly can. Figured booking further in advance might buy me a bit more time.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Brownie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for this, Brownie! I recall Rete and Twinkle saying as much, too, about the scheduling taking place at the end of the month. Let's hope we might have been in with enough time so that I might get an early/mid November appointment.

Very best of luck at your interview! Almost there!
I think you should do. We were told our case was complete over the phone, and didn't get that confirmation email until a week later. Hopefully it was the same for you and you get an early date.

Thank you! I'm so nervous, but excited for it all to be over with! Good luck to you too!
Old Sep 24th 2017, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Very best of luck for your interview! Even though mine hasn't been confirmed yet, everything suddenly seems to be happening rather quickly. I can absolutely understand why having a date secured makes it not half as bad! May I ask (sorry to keep pestering you), did you wait until your interview date was confirmed before you booked your medical? I am considering calling Knightsbridge this week and seeing if I can secure an appointment - I have a couple of historical medical issues that I'm anxious might complicate things, so I'm hoping to put as much space between the medical and the interview as I possibly can. Figured booking further in advance might buy me a bit more time.
Yeah I did wait until I had the interview date before booking the medical. Personally, I had no reason to try and book it before I had the interview date so it wasn't worth risking any conflict of timelines to do otherwise.

To be honest, when I spoke to the receptionist at Knightsbridge I just told her when my interview was and that I'd like it sooner rather than later and that certainly didn't seem to be a problem/issue.

I've read that you need a week between the two appointments - I have 14 days - yet the medical was far enough away to give me time to ensure I have everything in order, so I'm happy with that.

You could certainly call them ahead of time and simply ask what they suggest. I don't see any problem with that.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 11:20 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of exciting news coming through lately - congratulations to those nearing the end of the journey. This time last year I was getting to the end of the NVC stage and I have to say it all goes very fast from here and it all starts to seem very, very real. I got casecomplete on October 20 last year and my interview announcement was October 27th and the interview date was December 6. Up to that point it felt like I was walking uphill through treacle but after case complete I was sliding down the hill to the finish line with no brakes on! Less than 2 months after case complete (December 19) was the day I moved here.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
This time last year I was getting to the end of the NVC stage and I have to say it all goes very fast from here and it all starts to seem very, very real. I got casecomplete on October 20 last year and my interview announcement was October 27th and the interview date was December 6. Up to that point it felt like I was walking uphill through treacle but after case complete I was sliding down the hill to the finish line with no brakes on!
I'm already feeling it! It's such a bittersweet moment, to reach this point. Waiting to be with Pete has seemed to take far too long, but those goodbyes are catching up all too fast, now! I am embracing every moment I have left here. Like you say - now that the end is in sight, suddenly it's real, and it's happening very fast, and whoever'd have thunk it.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 11:13 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Update!

My husband and I received an email from the NVC, yesterday, to say that they had received all of the requested documentation for our case, and that I am now in a queue awaiting an interview appointment. From receipt of our paperwork to the date we received that notification, it took exactly eight weeks.
So pleased for you! You will be back with your husband and Ted very soon now I'm sure. If not Thanksgiving then Christmas, you can have turkey either day
Old Sep 30th 2017, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Another update!

Yesterday, I received notification of my interview date. The email came through at 9am, so on London time, which I wasn't expecting - the news made my workday far more fun! My interview is scheduled for the 7th of November. So from case complete to notification of interview date, it took exactly one week, and with 5.5 weeks to wait until the interview.

I called Knightsbridge straight away and booked my medical, which is going to take place on the 4th of October (next Wednesday!) - I was amazed to get an appointment so soon; I had imagined they'd be all booked up for a couple of weeks. The lady took my case number, but didn't ask for confirmation of my interview date. I'm hopeful that with a month between the medical and the interview, I've allowed plenty of time to deal with any potential complications due to my past mental health history and avoid any delays, but fingers crossed all will run smoothly anyway.

Fortunately my ACRO will be valid as it doesn't run out until November, so I won't need to order a new one - phew! And now it's just a case of collating all my documents, ready to go. I shall be staying overnight in London to avoid any travel panic.

I'll check in again after the medical! Here goes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.