CR-1 visa

Old Feb 3rd 2018, 5:38 am
Just Joined

RJ1809 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR-1 visa

Hi all,

My husband and I got married on Tuesday and are getting ready to start the process for my CR-1 Visa.

I am a UK citizen and have only ever travelled to the US under the VWP (ESTA). My husband is a US citizen.

He has completed the I-130 and I have completed the I-130A, we will be submitting these forms along with the following documentation:

- Certified copy of the Petitioner’s birth certificate
- Certified copy of the marriage certificate
- Two colour passport-style photos for Petitioner and Beneficiary
- I-864 Affidavit of Support
- Filing fee

Are we also required to file a I-485? (Or any other form for that matter?)

I’m assuming it would be helpful to also include some photos or should we wait to see if they request further information/docs?

Thanks in advance!

RJ
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 6:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 visa

Do not include the I-864. Submission of the I-864 comes at a later stage.

Submit a photocopy of the birth and marriage certificates, not originals. Bring originals to the visa interview.

No I-485, no.

Include whatever is asked for in the I-130 instructions. Nothing more.

Rene
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 3:55 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

The I-130 instructions are very clear and helpful, if you follow them then you will be fine.

If you have photos there's no harm in including them, that one is up to you. We didn't include photos in our application and we got approved!

Some very good advice I received was to make 2 copy packs of your application, one for you and one for your husband.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 10:57 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

If either of you has been married before you'll need to include supporting evidence that the marriage(s) ended lawfully (divorce decree or death certificate of former spouse).