Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Cr-1 to London interview.

Cr-1 to London interview.

Old Nov 22nd 2017, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cr-1 to London interview.

Hi,
Been looking on BE for a break down on all forms needed within the cr-1 route. I have found one for the K1 route but not the other, does one exist ?
I have found one on another site , but prefer to get the information here. Any link would be appreciated.
Regards.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cr-1 to London interview.

Depends ... are you doing a CR-1 with direct consular filing in London or a CR-1 with the initial I-130 being filed in the US?

Either way, the wiki has both but they might be a bit out of date. There have been some minor changes once the I-130 is approved.

We have a long thread here which is just for those filing the I-130 in the UK and interviewing in London. I would suggest reading the later pages as many kind posters have listed documents and procedures from start to finish and look at the CR-1 on our wiki.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tkd67
Hi,
Been looking on BE for a break down on all forms needed within the cr-1 route. I have found one for the K1 route but not the other, does one exist ?
I have found one on another site , but prefer to get the information here. Any link would be appreciated.
Regards.
The petition is form I-130. Go to www.uscis.gov and look at the I-130 instructions to see if there are any backup forms that go along with it.

Eventually form I-864 Affidavit of Support will be required.

Other than that, it's just the visa application, which is done online.

Rene
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The petition is form I-130. Go to www.uscis.gov and look at the I-130 instructions to see if there are any backup forms that go along with it.

Eventually form I-864 Affidavit of Support will be required.

Other than that, it's just the visa application, which is done online.

Rene
Thankyou for the reply.
I'll be doing the I-130 route in the U.S, then to complete process in uk.

The reason i asked was because I saw someone added form ds261 ?
Where as I thought it was only ds260.
Just wasn't sure wether at the beginning and middle of the process the nvc and embassy informed you prior to all forms needed.
Regards.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No, they don't inform you ahead of time.

Rene
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 1:28 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Start with the I-130, the I-130A and the G-1145 (optional extra).

Once approved, NVC will contact you (although it's quicker if you call them to get your case number and then you can access the online portal) and give you the "six steps" that are required after that. The DS-261 is the first part (selecting an agent), then you pay some fees, then you do the DS-260, then send the documents that they ask you for (they send a list of what's required), then you wait fir them to review it all and once they have they will give you your interview date and you book your medical.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Start with the I-130, the I-130A and the G-1145 (optional extra).

Once approved, NVC will contact you (although it's quicker if you call them to get your case number and then you can access the online portal) and give you the "six steps" that are required after that. The DS-261 is the first part (selecting an agent), then you pay some fees, then you do the DS-260, then send the documents that they ask you for (they send a list of what's required), then you wait fir them to review it all and once they have they will give you your interview date and you book your medical.
Thankyou,
Ok so once the I-130 etc is approved , then its sent to NVC. I can then call them on 603-334-0700 or email for the case number, is this also the LND number ? . The online portal is this where you access the DS-261 and DS-260 and complete online ? And also pay fees.... then while this is happening my wife will complete I-864, in the U.S.

Then once all completed , I'm given an interview date, so then I should have my GP summary , jab certificate, Police report, and medical booked 7 days prior to interview , then lastly interview day....

Sorry for the way I've written it above , I hope it makes sense ! If the above is correct then it's taken a good deal of stress off my shoulders, because my head awash with questions , scenarios ....
Many thanks for the replies.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 10:18 am

The I-864 will be due at NVC. NVC will ask for it, along with fees and original civil docs. You won't get the LND case number until your case is finished at NVC.

You will need a copy of your police certificate to take with you to the medical exam.

Rene
Old Nov 24th 2017, 11:04 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

You won't get the LND case number until your case is finished at NVC.

Rene
Incorrect. The LND number is assigned within a week or two of the case arriving at the NVC and is given to the applicant then. You cannot send any documents or complete any online forms without it! All copies of civil docs MUST have the LND number on them. The NVC won't even look at anything without the number on - they don't have the time to play detective to work out whose documents are whose.

I know you're trying to help but that is the second piece of inaccurate advice you've given this OP on this thread. Perhaps leave such questions to those who've actually done the CR-1 exactly the way OP has done (NVC and London) and to those who have completed the immigration process recently.

OP, your most recent post was pretty much spot on. It seems you've understood the process very well. I went through the process last year, in fact this time last year I had just had my medical and was waiting for the interview.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 11:13 am
Banned

Thankyou,
Ok so once the I-130 etc is approved , then its sent to NVC. I can then call them on 603-334-0700 or email for the case number, is this also the LND number ? . The online portal is this where you access the DS-261 and DS-260 and complete online ? And also pay fees.... then while this is happening my wife will complete I-864, in the U.S.

Then once all completed , I'm given an interview date, so then I should have my GP summary , jab certificate, Police report, and medical booked 7 days prior to interview , then lastly interview day....

Sorry for the way I've written it above , I hope it makes sense ! If the above is correct then it's taken a good deal of stress off my shoulders, because my head awash with questions , scenarios ....
Many thanks for the replies.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I wouldn't bother emailing the NVC for your case number - much quicker to call and they prefer phone calls. They are open from 7 am to midnight Monday to Friday (eastern time) and if you call at 7 their time you'll get through quite quickly. Also just before midnight their time is a good time to call.

The police certificate is needed for the NVC as well as the medical and interview. About four months after sending your I-130, start applying for police certificates (you need them for every country you've lived in after the age of 16 with some exceptions).

Your wife will do the I-864 and you will prepare a bunch of civil documents for the NVC and then comes the fun part - the I-864 and financial documents have to be sent together with your civil documents. So, either you send yours to your wife and she sends everything to the NVC or she sends hers to you and then you send everything. You used to be able to send separate envelopes but they don't want that anymore.

Make an appointment with your GP to see if you can get your MMR and Tdap on the NHS - it'll save you a packet if you can. People have had mixed results on this. I was able to get all mine done by the GP but others have been bluntly told that the NHS is not there to help people move overseas. Depends on your GP.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 12:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I know you're trying to help but that is the second piece of inaccurate advice you've given this OP on this thread. Perhaps leave such questions to those who've actually done the CR-1 exactly the way OP has done (NVC and London) and to those who have completed the immigration process recently.

OP, your most recent post was pretty much spot on. It seems you've understood the process very well. I went through the process last year, in fact this time last year I had just had my medical and was waiting for the interview.
After 14 years of offering excellent advice and being an upstanding member of these forums, as well as a super moderator, your tone and condescending manner are quite unnecessary. I've seen several instances where you have given incorrect or in accurate information since you stumbled onto these forums recently.

You do not have to have done a visa in order to contribute. There are many members here who have never done an O-1 or an H visa who actively participate in those threads.

We all have our own way of writing, just as we have our own way of speaking. It can often come across as hard and nasty. Perhaps this is the case with your admonishment of Noorah101.

BTW the information about the LND # Noorah gave is not incorrect. Not everyone feels that they have to hound USCIS for a number that is normally only ascertained when the approval of the NVC is complete. Just because you decided to chase down a number earlier that is not needed to be placed on documents that are not required until a later time, does not mean you are the only one correct. In reality you both are.

Last edited by Rete; Nov 24th 2017 at 12:42 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

The police certificate is needed for the NVC as well as the medical and interview. About four months after sending your I-130, start applying for police certificates (you need them for every country you've lived in after the age of 16 with some exceptions).

Your wife will do the I-864 and you will prepare a bunch of civil documents for the NVC and then comes the fun part - the I-864 and financial documents have to be sent together with your civil documents. So, either you send yours to your wife and she sends everything to the NVC or she sends hers to you and then you send everything. You used to be able to send separate envelopes but they don't want that anymore.

Thankyou for all replies...
Question !
The civil documents ? What are these ? The ( DS 261 ) and (DS260) ? Or something completely different ...

The police certificate is valid for 6 months ? And this is needed or added to the i-864 and civil documents ?

Sorry for the 2 stupid questions above , I feel I should know it !

Regards..

Last edited by Noorah101; Nov 28th 2017 at 9:38 pm. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old Nov 28th 2017, 9:42 pm

Thankyou for all replies...
Question !
The civil documents ? What are these ? The ( DS 261 ) and (DS260) ? Or something completely different ...
Police certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce decree, military discharge, that sort of thing. NVC should provide a list when the time comes.

The police certificate is valid for 6 months ?
1 year.

And this is needed or added to the i-864 and civil documents ?
No, the police certificate has nothing to do with the I-864. It is one of the civil documents NVC will ask for.

Rene
Old Nov 29th 2017, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Police certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce decree, military discharge, that sort of thing. NVC should provide a list when the time comes.

1 year.

No, the police certificate has nothing to do with the I-864. It is one of the civil documents NVC will ask for.

Rene
Thankyou ....
I was thinking on the side of those answers when it mentioned civil...
But wasn't sure...now my head can stop thinking of the wrong answers and now rest lol

Thankyou for reply
Old Nov 29th 2017, 4:26 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Be nice. I read Rene as saying (with a small typo) that the NVC does not assign a number until they get the file from USCIS. I understand that many posters here are not native English speakers and nobody is a native speaker of "Immigration."

If everything goes smoothly, the number is issued within weeks. That said, I did a consultation at the LACBA immigration clinic yesterday and the MNL number issuance was a FUBAR. YMMV can often apply.