Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR-1 Interview Yesterday

CR-1 Interview Yesterday

Old Jul 19th 2017, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

avneric is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CR-1 Interview Yesterday

First of all a huge Thank You to all those involved on this forum. The amount of information and advice found here are invaluable for anybody going through this process.

I had my interview yesterday and we got approved on the spot Please note we didn`t file through DCF in London but NVC.

My appointment was at 1 pm. When arrived there was literally nobody queuing in front of the embassy. Checked my name against the list and provided UK passport and Interview letter. After that went through airport style security and told I could keep my phone and a small bag containing my files. I was given a number and sent to the waiting hall. There were no more than 5 other people inside (both nonimmigrant and immigrant) and my number was shown on the screen 5 minutes after entering the hall. A nice but professional American man greeted me and ask for the following:

UK Passport
Birth Certificate
2 Photos
Interview Letter

I was prepared with tons of other docs (e.g. Affidavit of support, W2`s etc and everything else we submitted to the NVC) however he didn`t request for anything else and I didn`t voluntarily offer any other papers. After a short chat about our joint sponsor and our wedding date, I was given a CD with my chest X-Ray and told to have a sit and wait for my actual interview.

After no more than 30 minutes waiting time my number came up again and I was directed to the actual interview. This time was another American guy who briefly but professional went through our file. He was asking the following questions:

How did you guys meet?
Who is your joint sponsor?
When are you flying to the US?
Where are you going to live?

I haven`t been asked to provide any photos, letters, flight tickets etc. In the end, he said that everything looks good, congratulated me and advised that visa would be issued up to 17 days from yesterday. Upon checking the CEAC system this morning our status changed to Administrative Processing and then to ISSUED which I think its a good sign

This is it I guess, a long tedious road, a patience game but so rewarding in the end.

US here I come

Last edited by avneric; Jul 19th 2017 at 10:02 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Interview Yesterday

That sounds like it was gloriously smooth-sailing for you! Fantastic, and congratulations!
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KK85
That sounds like it was gloriously smooth-sailing for you! Fantastic, and congratulations!
Thank you! I am sure you are going to be just fine with your medical and interview. Best of luck and never lose hope!
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avneric
Thank you! I am sure you are going to be just fine with your medical and interview. Best of luck and never lose hope!
That's very kind of you to say. Thank you!
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I had my interview yesterday and we got approved on the spot
Congratulations. Always better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. Well done.

Ian
Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Pete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to behold

I had my interview yesterday and we got approved on the spot Please note we didn`t file through DCF in London but NVC.
Hi Avneric, we're the same, we filed direct to NVC. Can I please ask how long you waited for NVC to pass your documents to London?

We submitted our I-864, DS-260 etc towards the end of May and have yet to hear anything yet. The website currently says to wait 11 weeks before contacting them for an update which is a bit frustrating. Just wondering how long you waited, then how long before you received an interview date?
Thanks! Peter

Last edited by Pete_Maz; Jul 20th 2017 at 11:38 am.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Congratulations. Always better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. Well done.

Ian
Thanks Ian
Old Jul 20th 2017, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pete_Maz
Hi Avneric, we're the same, we filed direct to NVC. Can I please ask how long you waited for NVC to pass your documents to London?

We submitted our I-864, DS-260 etc towards the end of May and have yet to hear anything yet. The website currently says to wait 11 weeks before contacting them for an update which is a bit frustrating. Just wondering how long you waited, then how long before you received an interview date?
Thanks! Peter
Hi Pete,

Unfortunately, the NVC tends to last between 9-11 weeks. We got case complete after 10 weeks and no RFE. However, I have seen cases completed after 9 weeks so don`t lose hope. After case complete, another 3-4 weeks to get your file sent to London and receive an interview date.

I used to call NVC every week however, like many others here pointed out, US immigration goes on its own pace. If you submitted everything towards end of May you should be getting closer to receiving good news from them

Avi
Old Jul 20th 2017, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Pete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to beholdPete_Maz is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for this Avi, much appreciated.
Hopefully we won't be waiting much longer!
Old Jul 20th 2017, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pete_Maz
We submitted our I-864, DS-260 etc towards the end of May and have yet to hear anything yet. The website currently says to wait 11 weeks before contacting them for an update which is a bit frustrating. Thanks! Peter
I understand your frustration very much. My husband (also a Pete!) and I received our NOA2 on the 17th of May (dated the 11th), and it took over seven weeks for the NVC to send us our case number. We're now waiting for our IV fee to be processed so that we can fill out the DS-260 and send off our documents (the IV fee has taken a week so far; the affidavit of support fee took an entire fortnight to be processed, despite the instruction telling us to wait a mere 2-3 working days). It has been a very slow process for us, especially when compared to average suggested processing times (which I appreciate are essentially meaningless). I'm not thrilled to imagine another potentially 2-3 month wait before the NVC complete our case (once we can even send the paperwork!), and then of course then there's the wait for the interview letter, and then the wait for the interview itself... gah.

(^ Rant and a half. Sorry! It's all worth it in the end, of course. But the frustration is very real.)

I really hope you hear something very soon. Please report back! I'd be very interested to see what the processing times look like for you, from this point on.

Last edited by KK85; Jul 20th 2017 at 1:04 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi KK, yes of course, I'll post once I hear from the NVC and there's finally some progress!

Good luck with your application, I'm sure you'll hear something soon!

Peter