Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR-1 APPLICATION- ask me

CR-1 APPLICATION- ask me

Old Apr 25th 2015, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

CHW40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile CR-1 APPLICATION- ask me

I'm almost at the end of my CR-1 application. I really wish I'd found some of the info that I needed online but found it so hard to find up to date and accurate info.

I started my app in November, had my medical on March 20th and US embassy in London interview date on May 5th.

I appreciate that everyone's application is different but if anyone wants to ask me some questions about time lines, paperwork etc then I'd be happy to try and help others with their app.
Old Apr 25th 2015, 8:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 APPLICATION- ask me

Judging from your timeline, I assume the I-130 was filed directly to London? That's a helpful piece of information, because that process is different from when the I-130 is filed in the USA.

Welcome to BE.

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2015, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rene,
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, sorry I wasn't clear about that. I and my partner (US citizen) are in the UK and we have filed everything from here using lawyers.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 1:51 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CHW40
... we have filed everything from here using lawyers.
Why? Did you have a prior overstay issue or criminal past?

I started my app in November...
Is this when the I-130 was filed, or the DS-260? If it was the I-130, then it wasn't your application... it was your USC spouse's petition. I realize this is only your second post, but if you want to help, then it helps everyone if you're accurate about specifics.

Ian
Old Apr 26th 2015, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

sarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!

How long was it between your I-130 approval and when you got your LND number? Also, what was your medical experience like if you don't mind sharing? My husband (intending immigrant) is disabled so I'm always curious to hear other's medical and interview experiences.

Thanks!
Sarah
Old Apr 26th 2015, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Ian- I came on here to help. If you have a valid question then please ask. My initial statement does not include every detail as I would be here all night.
I have no overstay or criminal past.

So approximately... End of November got everything ready for the application and sent including G23 and G25 forms. I-130 was then filed in in mid Dec. Case number received early Feb. DS-260 filed early March. Medical March 20 and interview date early May.

So, Sarahincos- about 6 weeks. Good luck with yours.
The medical was very straight forward for me. It was exactly the hour and a half they said it would be, very efficient. There was a bit of back and forth to the waiting room...Chest X-ray, then waiting room, medical room for quick eye test, skin check, blood test, reflexes, blood pressure, quick genital check (exterior only). back to waiting room, then called to have vaccination record check. Payment at the front desk and all done. They were very friendly, it was no trouble at all.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 7:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So approximately... End of November got everything ready for the application and sent including G23 and G25 forms. I-130 was then filed in in mid Dec.
This doesn't sound right. What are G23 and G25 forms? Do you mean G-325A (Biographical Information)? And the other one might be the Attorney of Choice form (don't know the official name)?

Sounds odd because those forms are submitted along with the I-130, not prior to.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2015, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Sorry got the codes wrong. We both had to submit G28 (Notice of entry of appearance as Attorney or accredited representative), like I said we used lawyers; and a G325 (Bio info). Our lawyers then dealt with that info and filed the I-130. Hope that helps.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 7:59 pm

Sorry got the codes wrong. We both had to submit G28 (Notice of entry of appearance as Attorney or accredited representative), like I said we used lawyers; and a G325 (Bio info). Our lawyers then dealt with that info and filed the I-130. Hope that helps.
OK, so what you mean is, you submitted your paperwork to the lawyers in November, and then the lawyers submitted the I-130 package to USCIS in December.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2015, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have no overstay or criminal past.
Then why did you use a lawyer?

Sorry got the codes wrong.
Ah... so now you see why it's important to keep things accurate.

I came on here to help.
It's difficult to help others when you can't get your own journey correctly documented.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Apr 26th 2015 at 8:14 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Then why did you use a lawyer?

That was our choice.

Ah... so now you see why it's important to keep things accurate.

Really, you have that kind of attitude?

It's difficult to help others when you can't get your own journey correctly documented.

Ian
Ian, I suggest you go and ask someone else then if you don't like it. Go and find some better use of your time than negatively nit picking at others' posts. It doesn't seem like you are on here to help others or to ask any questions that you really need answers to, only just to critisise and be exactly as your tag line suggests.
Like I said if you have a valid question, fine. If not then politely butt-out.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 8:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ian, I suggest you go and ask someone else then if you don't like it. Go and find some better use of your time than negatively nit picking at others' posts. It doesn't seem like you are on here to help others or to ask any questions that you really need answers to, only just to critisise and be exactly as your tag line suggests.
Like I said if you have a valid question, fine. If not then politely butt-out.
It is true...Ian pulls no punches. You may not like what he has to say but he usually gives accurate advice.

If you do not wish to read his posts please put him on ignore. You can do this by going into you profile settings and adding him to your ignore list.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. He has now been listed.

Responses like his are just not helpful in any way. I cam eon here to help and people like him discourage others from trying to do good.
There's plenty better ways to ask people to be more accurate. He really is exactly as his tag line suggests!
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. He has now been listed.

Responses like his are just not helpful in any way. I cam eon here to help and people like him discourage others from trying to do good.
There's plenty better ways to ask people to be more accurate. He really is exactly as his tag line suggests!
As this the immigration forum can we please stick to the topic of this thread? Thank you.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CHW40,

I have a couple of questions regarding you using a lawyer for your application (since most people on this forum choose not to):

1. What was your primary motivation in employing a lawyer for your CR1 application?
2. How did you go about selecting your lawyer?
3. Roughly how much did it cost (ballpark)?
4. Are you pleased with the outcome and/or quality of their work?

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.