Confusion over DS-260

Old Dec 23rd 2017, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

docmarvel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confusion over DS-260

Hello everyone,

With the assistance of the information you all wrote here, I was able to submit my I-130, then my DS-260, and after the medical and the interview I already have my passport with my temporary visa stamped, alongside the sealed envelope I have to present at my point of entry in the US.

My question is, do I need to do anything else? I am confused because I read somewhere that I need to complete an extra form to take with me, something to do with arriving in the US.

Thank you all in advance!
Old Dec 23rd 2017, 7:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confusion over DS-260

There is a payment to be made for the production of the green card; instructions for that should have been included in the package you received with your passport in it.

Other than that, nothing else to do until after you arrive in the USA.

Rene
Old Dec 23rd 2017, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

And your visa is no more or less temporary than any other.
Old Dec 23rd 2017, 9:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I was about to ask which temporary visa he was talking about.

To the OP: Rene has the right of it. More likely than not you have already completed and paid for the production of your green card which is done after your arrival.

Are you up-to-date on knowing what to do about getting your social security card once you are in the US?