Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Confused about interview checklist

Confused about interview checklist

Old Aug 9th 2015, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Bearcub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused about interview checklist

This question is in regards to a K1 visa interview.

I have a ACPO (Police certificate) that shows 1 x offence for 'Driving a motor vehicle with excess alcohol'. I was disqualified from driving for 9 months, over two years ago. I have been given my appointment date, for the US embassy in London and I have just realised that they may require Court records for any convictions. I was not aware of this and the interview is in 9 days! Is this relevant to me? If so, how long do the records take to obtain? From my browsing on 'Google' I believe that Magistrates Courts do not keep records and simply hold details of the conviction so I would greatly appreciate any advice on this matter.

Finally we have read the Visa checklist and it states that if you applied for your visa after the 12th Nov '14 (which is what we did), then you are supposed to send copies of all documents to the NVC in New Hampshire. When were we supposed to have done this? Or is this referring to the documents sent with the I-129f. Is it too late to do it now, given that my interview is in 9 days.

Thank you kindly

Last edited by Bearcub; Aug 9th 2015 at 10:42 am. Reason: Specify visa
Old Aug 9th 2015, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about interview checklist

Originally Posted by Bearcub
I was not aware of this and the interview is in 9 days! Is this relevant to me?
Only the interviewing officer will know whether or not it's relevant. If it isn't, your visa will be approved on the spot. If it is, you'll be asked to submit the record and your visa will be delayed until you do so - an easy fix. FWIW, I don't think it'll cause a delay. Either way, don't get the record until such time as you know for sure that the officer wants it.

Or is this referring to the documents sent with the I-129f.
Most likely, yes. At any rate, since you already have a visa interview scheduled, you are way beyond the NVC's involvement!

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Aug 9th 2015 at 12:39 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Bearcub is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Ian, that has put us both at ease.

Have a good day
Old Aug 9th 2015, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting ready to receive my interview appointment for my K1 Visa, was just wondering if I had to send off a copy of the documents i will be taking to the interview or whether the instructions from the checklist refer to something else? Its confusing when on the fiance instructions it states
"Step 2 - Assemble all of the documents required in support of your application, including the Affidavit of Support from your fiance(e) or in the case of a K3 visa applicant, spouse. Download the document checklist here, as a PDF file. Do not send any documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit."

But then when you look at the checklist provided it has the following:-

From November 12, 2014: Applicants are required to submit copies of their documents to NVC and bring the original document to the visa interview. The original Affidavit of Support, Form I-864 is still required by NVC and will be forwarded to the Immigrant Visa Unit with your file and available to the consular officer at the interview.

Do i need to send copies of my documents? What is people's experiences??
Old Aug 9th 2015, 7:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The referral to NVC is for immigrant visa only. It does not apply to a K-1. Don't send anything to NVC. Don't send any documents to the embassy ahead of time. Bring everything with you to the interview.

And for the K-1, the affidavit of support is the I-134.

The reference to I-864 is for an immigrant visa.

Rene
Old Aug 9th 2015, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene! That's what i initially thought, but just wanted to double check. Thanks again!