CEAC Status Update 221(g) K1 Visa

CEAC Status Update 221(g) K1 Visa

Old Nov 24th 2015, 11:40 am
Just Joined

FrustratedBrit91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEAC Status Update 221(g) K1 Visa

First time poster!

Hey guys,

I went for my embassy interview October 26th for my K1 visa. I had all the documents and answered all the questions, however my affidavit of support (I-134) wasn't sent from the NVC to the embassy in London so I was asked to send it in again. My attorney based in the USA sent it over again and received confirmation it was recieved. However on the CEAC visa status update site my date has changed 3 times (9th Nov, 18th Nov and 20th Nov) but it still says administrative processing? Also the csc site still shows "send documents"

I know it changed twice due to emails sent to the embassy.

Apologies if this is too much information!

Basically my question is what the hell is happening!?
Old Nov 24th 2015, 11:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEAC Status Update 221(g) K1 Visa

What is happening? They are processing your case.

Rene
Old Nov 24th 2015, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Hi Noorah,

Is it really that simple? It's just frustrating as there's no transparency at all.

Any ideas on timelines?

They kept my passport and only asked for one document, the I-134. My assumption is that it wouldn't take 3 weeks to process one document?

You can imagine the frustration and worries regarding the situation!
Old Nov 24th 2015, 11:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's that simple. You've done your part, now the embassy needs to do its part. There's no set time frame for this sort of thing, no. It is being processed; you just have to wait and be patient.

When the status changes from AP to Complete or Issued, then you'll know it's done.

Rene
Old Nov 24th 2015, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FrustratedBrit91
My attorney based in the USA sent it over again and received confirmation it was recieved.
Just out of curiosity, why are you using an attorney? Do you have a prior overstay issue or criminal history?

Basically my question is what the hell is happening!?
The I-134 was received, but it still has to make its way to the officer who has your case file, and then it has to get matched up to your file - when he gets to it. Also, keep in mind that the web site isn't updated in real time... it's updated when someone gets around to it. Your entry won't change until such time as the officer actually approves the visa. They have your form (and your passport - which is a good thing)... no need to worry.

Ian
Old Nov 24th 2015, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Just out of curiosity, why are you using an attorney? Do you have a prior overstay issue or criminal history?

The I-134 was received, but it still has to make its way to the officer who has your case file, and then it has to get matched up to your file - when he gets to it. Also, keep in mind that the web site isn't updated in real time... it's updated when someone gets around to it. Your entry won't change until such time as the officer actually approves the visa. They have your form (and your passport - which is a good thing)... no need to worry.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I hired an attorney is purely for peace of mind, my police certificate came back clean and I have never overstayed in the USA.

That puts me more at ease, it's just the lack of transparency that is frustrating. I guess it's just a waiting game now then!! A very long and slow waiting game.
Old Nov 24th 2015, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Ian
Ian,

Just to let you know, my status has changed to ready, I was just wondering what this means?

Simon.
Old Nov 24th 2015, 2:28 pm

This means you're done/approved. The visa will be put into your passport, and sent to you (if that's what you chose).

Rene
Old Nov 24th 2015, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FrustratedBrit91
Just to let you know, my status has changed to ready, I was just wondering what this means?
Yup, Rene is correct. The visa still needs to be created and affixed to your passport, so that'll take another few days. The status may change to "administrative processing" again for a day or so while that happens, and will then change to "issued"... which is always a good sign! Once it's issued, it'll make its way to the courier, and then the courier should contact you with a delivery date.

Ian
Old Nov 25th 2015, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Yup, Rene is correct. The visa still needs to be created and affixed to your passport, so that'll take another few days. The status may change to "administrative processing" again for a day or so while that happens, and will then change to "issued"... which is always a good sign! Once it's issued, it'll make its way to the courier, and then the courier should contact you with a delivery date.

Ian
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the replies, as you predicted it has changed back to administrative processing, hopefully it changes to issued once they get back from thanksgiving! Just hoping I'm there to spend Christmas with my fiancée!

Simon.