Cash assets

Old Nov 19th 2017, 9:11 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cash assets

Originally Posted by lansbury
That doesn't seem logical. Surely assests are the amount of cash in the bank, less any debts owed.

If you own a £300k house and owe £250k on it, its value as an assest is £50k. In respect to the immigration requirement I would expect the same to apply to cash or other assests, and debts.
I agree, as I said earlier, a loan is not an asset. But Noorah101 knows her way around these forms, so what she says must be so. However, I would still caution the OP from saddling himself with any extra debt.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Davethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond reputeDavethegoat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cash assets

Yes i totally agree that it would be a mistake for me to get another loan, i was just thinking out loud due to the fact that i think its abit crazy that they dont ask what debt i have.
Still, im not complaining about it as its something that may help me.