Birth Certificate

Old Sep 4th 2017, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

rokersafc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Birth Certificate

Hi,

My interview is this Thursday at the embassy in London.
Do i need both my wife's (she is the US citizen), and my birth certificate?

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2017, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birth Certificate

Originally Posted by rokersafc
You'll need your long-form birth certificate, and proof of your wife's status as a US citizen... so, either a copy of her US birth certificate or a copy of her US passport photo page.

Ian
Old Sep 4th 2017, 10:13 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rokersafc
Hi,

My interview is this Thursday at the embassy in London.

Thanks
I only needed mine. Nothing from my husband.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:17 am
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of

I provided:
  • Mine (UKC - copy and original)
  • My wife's - petitioner & I-864 sponsor (copy)
  • My wife's grandmother's - I-864 joint sponsor (copy)
  • My wife's grandfather's - I-864 joint sponsor's household member (copy)

Not sure if I "over-provided", but they certainly accepted and looked over all of them.

Note that as Ian says, these could be passports too, but we just decided to be consistent throughout (even though the grandparents' birth certificates were from the ~1940s!)