Bank Statement

Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

sunil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank Statement

Will the INS accept a letter from the bank showing a balance in your account, or that they will only accept a ' daily balance' report? How recent this daily balance report has to be?
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:17 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank Statement

Hi,
I imagine you're talking about the info for a interview?
If you're not self-employed, a letter from your bank showing date opened, total deposit amount for the past year and balance you hold is enough. Bring a paystub with you too, I've seen a lot of people do that. I'm not self-employed but I brought 4 weeks of checks, 3 years of bank statements and the bank letter and they didn't ask for any financial backup at all. I figure too much info is better than missing something.
The specific directions are on the Packet#3 checklist. If you are self-employed, you need one year of bank statements.
Good luck!

Originally posted by sunil
Will the INS accept a letter from the bank showing a balance in your account, or that they will only accept a ' daily balance' report? How recent this daily balance report has to be?
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

On our "bank letter" it listed the accounts and the balance in each account at the time the letter was written. It didn't give daily balances. The bank officer couldn't or wouldn't look up the daily balances. So I also sent BCIS copies of one years worth of bank statements highlighting deposits and the closing balance each month just to be sure. I don't think you have to do that though, I was just a nutcase with the paperwork.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent everything with the AOS package, since then I'm not even sure that I had to. But I figure it's better to send them too much than too little
Old Oct 12th 2003, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by billwilson597
I called BankofAmerica this week and they said they have an immigration letter. I am supposed to get it in 7-10 business days. When it comes, I will tell you what is on it. This bank seems to know what is needed. I have another bank that is a State Mutual bank and I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them to send one also.
Bank of America's letter will have only the average balance for the preceding quarter, the date that the account(s) was/were opened and the account number. It will also say that to the extent that BCIS requires the total deposits for the preceding year, the account holder can submit their statements to accompany the letter.

I had a lengthy discussion with BoFA back in February about how this letter does not conform with BCIS' stated requirements, and was told that there is nothing that can be done - this is their standard form letter.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

If I may hop on this thread with another question - what if the US fiancé doesn't have a checking account, only a savings account? Should we expect any problems because of this?
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dekka

I wonder if I can get copies of bank statements for 2003?
We've gone through the K-1 with the I-134 and succcessfully AOS with the I-864. On neither one did we include bank statements. Just the copy of the bank letter showing account opening and at that time balance. We never had a problem with either the US Consulate in Montreal nor with the NYC USCIS when adjudicating AOS.

What I did do want include a paystub and highlighted where it says it is "direct deposit"

Rete
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

sunil is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys. I read the INS form and it stated 'daily balances'. Which means they want daily balance statement. I use fleetbank. I will try to get it from them. How recent does it has to be?
Old Oct 13th 2003, 2:27 am
pjt
Just Joined

pjt is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a side note - you need to provide bank statements only if you think that your annual income for past three years does not meet the minimum requirement.

If you provide transaction description / statements that you receive every month for past 12 months, that should avoid all questions at the time of interview. I did not rely on any print outs that bank can give me at the last minute. You can get a copy of those monthly statements from your bank. They may charge you for that though.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

girlyflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

I called BankofAmerica this week and they said they have an immigration letter. I am supposed to get it in 7-10 business days. When it comes, I will tell you what is on it. This bank seems to know what is needed. I have another bank that is a State Mutual bank and I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them to send one also.
Did Bank of America make you pay for it? They said they were going to charge me ten buck-oh-roos! I thought that was a little chinsey.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by girlyflyer
Did Bank of America make you pay for it?
BofA never charged me for the letter.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 2:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunil
I've been reading this thread and did not believe that the I-864 had been updated from the days when we used it (1998 and 2000) so I just printed the instructions out. For the bank statement issue that you are all going on about here it is quoted from the I-864

"Evidence of Assets"

blah blah blah for two paragraphs ... then bullet #1

Bank statements covering the last 12 months, or a statement from the officer of the bank or other financial institution in which you have deposits, inlcuding deposit/withdrawal history for the last 12 months, and current balance;

So for those of you who were reading it that you HAD TO INCLUDE this information, please note that it is not mandatory to submit with the I-864 if you are using your income to qualify and if you are USING ASSETS then you must adhere to the guidelines outlined in the I-864 instruction sheets.

Rete
Old Oct 13th 2003, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

girlyflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
I've been reading this thread and did not believe that the I-864 had been updated from the days when we used it (1998 and 2000) so I just printed the instructions out. For the bank statement issue that you are all going on about here it is quoted from the I-864

"Evidence of Assets"

blah blah blah for two paragraphs ... then bullet #1

Bank statements covering the last 12 months, or a statement from the officer of the bank or other financial institution in which you have deposits, inlcuding deposit/withdrawal history for the last 12 months, and current balance;

So for those of you who were reading it that you HAD TO INCLUDE this information, please note that it is not mandatory to submit with the I-864 if you are using your income to qualify and if you are USING ASSETS then you must adhere to the guidelines outlined in the I-864 instruction sheets.

Rete

Sorry, not to confuse the issue, but I am... confused that is. I thought for the interview at the embassy you could use the I-134, and two other substantiating documents, such as a letter from your employer, 3 years tax returns or this letter from the bank. True?

Last edited by girlyflyer; Oct 13th 2003 at 2:13 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 2:14 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by girlyflyer
Sorry, not to confuse the issue, but I am... confused that is. I thought for the interview at the embassy you could use the I-134, and two other substantiaing documents, such as a letter from your employer, 3 years tax returns or this letter from the bank. True?

The OP did not specify which Affidavit they were inquiring about and the several of the others that replied are talking about AOS processing and not K visa processing.

However, the issue is the same regardless.

Yes, for the K-1 you need the I-134. Again, the instructions are the same ... either/or ... not must have everything that is listed under the bullet section. Also the need for three years of tax returns for an employed person is a requirement of the US Consulate in London, not a requirement of all US Consulates and not a requirement of the I-134 itself.

Rete