Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Average time for medical results to get sent to embassy?

Average time for medical results to get sent to embassy?

Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

JonJones12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Average time for medical results to get sent to embassy?

Does anyone have any idea or experience with knowing how long it typically takes for the medical results (assuming there are no issues with anything) to be sent to the embassy?

Edit: Read the sheet they gave me, within 5 working days. Answered my own question

Last edited by JonJones12; Oct 12th 2017 at 4:19 pm. Reason: Answered the question myself
Old Oct 12th 2017, 5:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average time for medical results to get sent to embassy?

This is a classic example of an "average" being rather unhelpful. In fact there is very little difference between the shortest possible time (2-3 days) and the modal (most common, 4-5 days) time (mode being one type of average) for the documents to reach the consultate.

However, there are sometimes reasons why the medical paperwork might take a couple of weeks or longer to finalize, for example if more information is needed from your GP.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly... At the end of my medical when I went to pay, the grumpy receptionist told me it should be with the embassy within 2-3 days unless there were any issues with my results.

But as Pulaski pointed out, they may need further information and I have seen people mention that their urine or blood test went missing and had to go back and do another one etc.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Sean81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my medical on the 26th of September. As I was paying, the receptionist told me that, barring any issues with the blood and urine, the results would be with the embassy the following week.

I had booked my interview for 2 weeks after the medical, there were no issues with my samples and the results were at the embassy (granted I don't know exactly when they arrived at the embassy).