Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Approved at interview... But they didn't take passport the photos

Approved at interview... But they didn't take passport the photos

Old Aug 6th 2015, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

catawampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Approved at interview... But they didn't take passport the photos

So hubby checked in... Told him he was missing an I-134 form because he brought an I-864 provided by lawyer...

After some confusion straightened her out that he applied for I-130 and so he actually had all the right forms.

He had his interview, five minutes, approved. Handed over passport and they gave back original docs.

He discovered when he got home that the photos were still there.?! Is that normal?!
Old Aug 6th 2015, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Approved at interview... But they didn't take passport the photos

Yes, my high priced lawyer is checking on it. But my alarm bells aren't stopping ... And you guys seem to be on the ball
Old Aug 6th 2015, 4:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catawampus
He discovered when he got home that the photos were still there.?! Is that normal?!
I don't know if that's normal, but if the embassy needs anything else from him, they will let him know. My guess is that it's all OK.

Rene
Old Aug 6th 2015, 5:00 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Don't they normally just scan one of the photos now. They use the scan for printing the visa.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 5:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Don't they normally just scan one of the photos now. They use the scan for printing the visa.
Come to think of it (I'm just guessing here), you have to scan a photo when you submit the visa application online. I'm thinking they probably use that one, and don't need the physical photos at the interview...even if the instructions still say to bring them.

Rene
Old Aug 6th 2015, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

We sent the original documents for the I-130 directly to London Embassy with photos in the packet. Does that count? And two at the medical that they got.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by catawampus
We sent the original documents for the I-130 directly to London Embassy with photos in the packet. Does that count? And two at the medical that they got.
Those photos with the I-130 were for the petition phase only. They don't have any bearing on the visa application phase. It counts, yes, in as much as the I-130 instructions ask for passport-style photos, so you did the right thing including them.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Rene
Old Aug 6th 2015, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

You guys are so awesome on this board. You help keep us crazy people from jumping off cliffs... even though we do it anyway.

now for the 2 week wait... and ANOTHER fee that I didn't realize we had to pay... and then we can be one family again.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 6:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Come to think of it (I'm just guessing here), you have to scan a photo when you submit the visa application online. I'm thinking they probably use that one, and don't need the physical photos at the interview...even if the instructions still say to bring them.

Rene
They will be able to see that scanned picture at the interview. I bet they ask for the photos if the scan isn't useable for any reason.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

The visa was issued yesterday!!!