Reload this Page >

K1 visa interview question

K1 visa interview question

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

pinky79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 visa interview question

Hello

I have got my interview for my K1 visa in a few weeks & just wanted to find out whether anyone had been for this interview recently?

If so how long did you have to queue before you go into the embassy & what kind of questions did they ask you?

Also just to check the documents i am taking:
Birth Certificate, Police Certificates - 1 x UK & 1 x Australian, Passport, photos, I-134 & supporting documents from my fiance

Also did anyone have to show proof of engagement &/or relationship
i know it mentions it on the DS156K about proof of engagement.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: K1 visa interview question

In addition to this with the I-134 my fiance has provided copies of bank statements from last 6 months, 4 months of earning statements, a couple of years of tax returns, copies of savings accounts & mortgage statement.

Does anyone know if this is sufficient enough?
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinky79
Hello

I have got my interview for my K1 visa in a few weeks & just wanted to find out whether anyone had been for this interview recently?

If so how long did you have to queue before you go into the embassy & what kind of questions did they ask you?
It's first come first served ,despite appointment time. People start queueing by 7 am or earlier. They don't start working the line to start letting folks in until 7:30. Inside they start up calling people at 8am (in the order they entered the door). Once the early rush is in the door, the line to get in is no more than 10 minutes I would say.

Also just to check the documents i am taking:
Birth Certificate, Police Certificates - 1 x UK & 1 x Australian, Passport, photos, I-134 & supporting documents from my fiance
Did you get the proper Aussie police certificate. I know someone who didn't get the one with fingerprints and were delayed until they did that. From London website:
Please note that many countries require fingerprints to process police certificates for immigration purposes (e.g, Australia, Canada, Nigeria). Police certificates completed without the required fingerprints are not valid. In these cases, applicants must not capture their own fingerprints.

Also did anyone have to show proof of engagement &/or relationship
i know it mentions it on the DS156K about proof of engagement.
No. Is never asked for in London.

In addition to this with the I-134 my fiance has provided copies of bank statements from last 6 months, 4 months of earning statements, a couple of years of tax returns, copies of savings accounts & mortgage statement.

Does anyone know if this is sufficient enough?
More than enough proof as long as the money proven is adequate which I assume is.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Moxie, my appointment time is 8.30 so guess i'll get there early!

The paperwork my fiance has included should be sufficient enough to show he can support me.

Do K1 applicants have to fill in part II of the DS-230 at any point?

My Australian police certificate says Fingerprint check & i provided them with my finger prints when i requested the certificate. The certificate was obtained last year but i understand it is valid indefinitely, unless i travel back there at some point.

Last edited by pinky79; Apr 22nd 2012 at 5:27 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No.

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Moxie, my appointment time is 8.30 so guess i'll get there early!

The paperwork my fiance has included should be sufficient enough to show he can support me.

My Australian police certificate says Fingerprint check & i provided them with my finger prints when i requested the certificate. The certificate was obtained last year but i understand it is valid indefinitely, unless i travel back there at some point.
Sounds like you are on top of everything. Well done. Part 2 of the DS-230 is used for spouse visas as an example, but a fiance won't ever do that part of the form for K1 visa.