Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Problem is getting worse

AOS Problem is getting worse

Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:06 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Problem is getting worse

Have you contacted the bar assoc in your state or AILA to see if there is anyone who does pro bono work and would at least give you a consult?

I personally think you're going to have to make preparations to go home and should probably focus your attention on that.

Good luck
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

kittya2004 will become famous soon enough

With a tear in my eye I thank you all for your advice.Also how do I go about contacting this AILA?
Originally Posted by sibsie
Have you contacted the bar assoc in your state or AILA to see if there is anyone who does pro bono work and would at least give you a consult?

I personally think you're going to have to make preparations to go home and should probably focus your attention on that.

Good luck
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittya2004
With a tear in my eye I thank you all for your advice.Also how do I go about contacting this AILA?
www.aila.org
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you again Ray

Originally Posted by ray6
Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:57 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
Hi
Realistically I do no think you can stay in the US if you are not gonna stay with him, regardless of what lawyer you hire.
Unless you know her facts, you should really not speculate this way. It's not the lawyer that makes the difference, but how the "law" can be applied to her situation. So it's the Law....yer not doing her any favors by speculating (sorry, but I had to put in that play on words :-).
Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:58 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

If you have not already done AOS your chances of being allowed to stay are virtually zero or less... but good luck
So you have looked at her facts and ruled out any possibility of a VAWA I-360?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

What is this VAWA I-360 what does it mean and where can I find it.

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Yes! and no violence or abuse was even mentioned
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Okay I justr found it on the USCI site and I have not been a physically abused spouse. I do not think I qualify for that I am not sure as I do not know the law here. I do have someone who will sponsor me does that help or do I have to do it through my marriage. This is really breaking me down.

What is this VAWA I-360 what does it mean and where can I find it.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

He has never physically hit me he has only emotionally hurt me yelling at me, threatening me ect so I don't think I qualify.

Okay I justr found it on the USCI site and I have not been a physically abused spouse. I do not think I qualify for that I am not sure as I do not know the law here. I do have someone who will sponsor me does that help or do I have to do it through my marriage. This is really breaking me down.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:16 pm
Ray

If not battered ..would you say extreme cruelty!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

I dunno Ray he threatened me that if i didn't work to pay him back his money for lodging my paperwork that he would bring me down and have me deported by saying our marriage was a sham. I entered my marriage in good faith he just wanted his money back or else. judge that for yourself darl all I know is that i worked my tail off and I paid him his money back and got it in writing to so he can never come and ask for it again.

If not battered ..would you say extreme cruelty!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:21 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: AOS Problem is getting worse

Ray if I go back then I abandon my AOS I have not been in the USA as long as most others but I am growing to like here. I am just looking for a lawyer that I can hopefully pay off as this is no fault of my own. I really dnt know what else to say only that I dnt want to have to suffer and leave b/c he has no idea how to even take care of mimself let alone me ( his wife ) Thanx for your advice it Ray and have a great day.
Hey there Kittya:

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I remember your post back in May under the other name.
As Ray has stated if you haven't filed for AOS.. your chances to stay in the US are Zero. Why do you want to stay in the US?, You haven't establish a life here yet. I don't want to sound mean but if your husband is that bad I will leave and if you really want to settle down in the US, I would find another way to get here.
Good Luck and keep us updated!!
Chin up!! ((Kittya)
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Hypertweeky

I am in the USA and I have filed for AOS back in July of last year I just haven't gotten to the interview stage yet. I do have a life here I have my in laws who regardless of my hubby I think they are great i ahve my friends that I have made. It may not sound like much of a life to you but it is to me, and it is mine. By the way i took no offense to your words at all and thank you for your thoughts

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Hey there Kittya:

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I remember your post back in May under the other name.
As Ray has stated if you haven't filed for AOS.. your chances to stay in the US are Zero. Why do you want to stay in the US?, You haven't establish a life here yet. I don't want to sound mean but if your husband is that bad I will leave and if you really want to settle down in the US, I would find another way to get here.
Good Luck and keep us updated!!
Chin up!! ((Kittya)
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:28 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: AOS Problem is getting worse

I dunno Ray he threatened me that if i didn't work to pay him back his money for lodging my paperwork that he would bring me down and have me deported by saying our marriage was a sham. I entered my marriage in good faith he just wanted his money back or else. judge that for yourself darl all I know is that i worked my tail off and I paid him his money back and got it in writing to so he can never come and ask for it again.

Ouch!!! Kittya, If I were you I would run away from him, he seems like a dangerous guy
Good Luck girlie!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.