Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview and Training Dau in INS

AOS interview and Training Dau in INS

Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:20 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview and Training Dau in INS

Originally Posted by kaktus
he said he is not coming unless for an interview.

And you still maintain everything is honkey-dorey in your marriage???
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

From a post you made on the first page of this thread: "I don't really care about their decision. My employer said that they will file for H1B soon so I can work and live legally being married to us citizen.
If I don't receive anything within 1 month I'll file the complaint and will sue them."

I guess if your husband refuses to go with you, and you go alone, and they refuse you somehow, I suppose you can revert to this idea.

Rene
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

kaktus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
From a post you made on the first page of this thread: "I don't really care about their decision. My employer said that they will file for H1B soon so I can work and live legally being married to us citizen.
If I don't receive anything within 1 month I'll file the complaint and will sue them."

I guess if your husband refuses to go with you, and you go alone, and they refuse you somehow, I suppose you can revert to this idea.

Rene
I'll do that. The corporate lawyer said that they can get me J1 visa and then apply for H1B next year.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll do that. The corporate lawyer said that they can get me J1 visa and then apply for H1B next year.
Although, I still stick by my advice that it would be much easier for you and your husband to go to this appointment together and just get it done. Then you can stop dealing with all these different visas (probably one of the reasons they looked at your case so carefully).

Just tell him yes, it's for an interview, we both need to be there.

Rene
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Elvira
And you still maintain everything is honkey-dorey in your marriage???
our relationships are not going well this month and he stays at his parents house for a week now:-( It happened before 2 times and i'm sure that we will be fine. But our marriage is real and he said that if there is an interview notice he will go with me.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:41 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

...he said that if there is an interview notice he will go with me.
Does the term "euphemism" mean anything to you at all?

Given all that you have reported here about what has happened, do you really think they just want to look at some documents?

In any event, I would have thought that in any dealings with USCIS "better safe than sorry" should prevail...
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Elvira
Does the term "euphemism" mean anything to you at all?

Given all that you have reported here about what has happened, do you really think they just want to look at some documents?

In any event, I would have thought that in any dealings with USCIS "better safe than sorry" should prevail...
there is nothing I can do. My husband stays in his parents house "for now" he said - so he will only come for an interview.
I don't know what to do. And it will be next week. I don't know if we will back together by that time. I try to talk to him but he is mad at me:-((((
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:08 pm

there is nothing I can do. My husband stays in his parents house "for now" he said - so he will only come for an interview.
I don't know what to do. And it will be next week. I don't know if we will back together by that time. I try to talk to him but he is mad at me:-((((
As I suggested, tell him it's for an interview. If he refuses to join you, go there alone and deal with whatever happens.

Rene
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

there is nothing I can do.
Yes, there is something you can do... you just don't want to do it. Good luck to you!

Ian
Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

pianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As I suggested, tell him it's for an interview. If he refuses to join you, go there alone and deal with whatever happens.

Rene
If there is ever a time for a white lie, then this is it. Tell him it is an interview. I dont really believe this is a white lie, since trust me, I believe it is GOING TO BE AN INTERVIEW of which you will be at the losing end if you do not show up with your husband.

Thinking about pursuing a second course of action through your work, before actively pursuing the most viable and immediate approach right now is foolish. Stress the importance of this to your husband - if he is not willing to step up to something this important, I would definitely question the relationship with him.

Good luck