Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview and Training Dau in INS

AOS interview and Training Dau in INS

Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview and Training Dau in INS

You might care about their decision. A determination of marriage fraud frequently carries with it a permanent bar from the US. No H-1B for you if that happens no matter how badly your employer wants you.

Not that I'm being a negative Nelly. Things may work out just fine. If it makes you feel better you are not the first couple to get this treatment. I have definitely seen other couples who got separated and then they try to coerce the USC spouse into signing a piece of paper "admitting" that the marriage was fraudulent. Not sure that training day had anything to do with anything.

Edited for unnecessary callousness.

Last edited by hcj1440; Jun 18th 2006 at 2:37 am.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaktus
I don't really care about their decision.
If this is true, you're an idiot.

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2006, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on Ian! Dont be so harsh.

People dont want to be hearing anything about logic or common sense or patience.

Look - as a poster replied to me this week when I asked, incredulous, about a question he posted, "chill". (-: (-:

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If this is true, you're an idiot.

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2006, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point

KAKTUS:

i would say do not worry. you have made your appointment and have requested your congress person to help investigate your application. While the couples who filed the same time around us and received thier interviews and approvals right away of within days. We waited 7 months more. We were asked to provide more evidences as couple and as (when my husband was an international student). Even after sending all additional evidences, we still didn't hear from them till we made an infopass appointment. At that appointment, the officer didn't tell us anything different. He told us to wait and that he'll put in a request for us. We also seek for congress person help as well. Guess what, one month later, the welcome letter showed up (dated the same date that we went in for the infopass) we are not sure if it was the congress aid or just the infopass.

P.S we were interviewed together and thought we were very prepared, not to the officer's eye. So, wait for a few more days and make another appointment again if you don't hear from them. Be agreesive with your case. If you let it sit there, it might be a while before they REMEMBER your case.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:42 am

oh mine.... sounds a bit desperate.

just from what you have to say to this forum, it does sound like you'd
do anything just to stay in the country.

or is it just me?

kaktus wrote:
    > > I am inclined to agree. I don't think that a responsible USCIS officer
    > > would put the fear of God into someone just to train a new employee.
    > > Haven't they heard of "role-playing"?
    > >
    > > I personally would hire an atty for at least a consultation and go
    > > from there. It'd be worth it for peace of mind and to try and get
    > > an answer.
    > >
    > > Kate. xxx:)
    > I received a letter today from congressman's office. It says in the
    > letter that they will start working on my case.
    > OK. If the officer would think that our marriage is fake - they would
    > deport me from that room the same day. I heard about that.
    > We had a separated interview - but they didn't ask questions about our
    > common habits , etc, they pushed on my husband and tried to make him to
    > change his mind - that I use him to get a green card and its not just
    > about love. That I changed my status to many times and I know what I'm
    > doing and I'll do anything to stay in this country. He said a few times
    > - lets dice if it's so hard for my husband to make a decision!!! and if
    > he wants - they will deport me right away for free:-)
    > We showed enough evidence - including pictures, lease, tax returns,
    > bills, medical insurance cards, life insurance, credit cards, joint
    > accounts and tax returns - everything on both names. The ImmOfficer
    > took all the copies of that including a couple of pictures from the
    > album.
    > We had the same keys from the apartment. Only one thing that my husband
    > couldn't remember that how many times I was back home. (I couldn't
    > remember myself - so we said different numbers both wrong)
    > They can think anything - may be I married him because It's cheaper to
    > live together and we can split the rent and utilities, and I can get my
    > green card if we have sex 3 times a day. May be everything counts in
    > this country.
    > I don't really care about their decision. My employer said that they
    > will file for H1B soon so I can work and live legally being married to
    > us citizen.
    > If I don't receive anything within 1 month I'll file the complaint and
    > will sue them. Because we really had a hard time on that stupid training
    > interview.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

kaktus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes..I would do anything to stay in this country and to be with my husband.
Also I don't want people to post here their negative attitude.
I'm looking for advices not for posting here that i'm an idiot or something. Idiot is you - if you don't understand what we are going through right now.
I hope that congressmen will help and at least I hope that INS will send us something with request for more evidence or just an invitation for another interview. I know that they can do separated interview with questions about our living together.
I'm not afraid about anything because my marriage is real no matter what everybody thinks. I think thats just an IM attitude - he said that he knows girls like me:-) thats the real problem. Also he asked me about my religion - that i'm Jewish and my husband is Catholic and why i'm still Jewish that really surprised him.
Everything was fine before i filed that stupid AOS in 2004. I was on H1B and I'm sure I would ve already got my green card through EB sponsorship, or just emloyment authorization and AP based on that.

Last edited by kaktus; Jun 18th 2006 at 2:59 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/fa...interview.html

he didn't ask too many questions about living together not even about tattoos or scars - that would help:-) because i know even all the birthmarks on his body:-)
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not afraid about anything because my marriage is real no matter what everybody thinks.
We are not the ones you have to convince when it comes to whether or not your marriage is genuine. You can know it in your deepest soul that your marriage is real... but if USCIS doesn't believe you - and they are under absolutly no obligation to believe you - then they can have you removed from the US. So, if you truly don't care about the decision USCIS makes... well then, you are an idiot.

I'll also mention here that you are not the only interfaith couple to frequent this newsgroup... and if you truly believe that no one here understands what you're going through... well, there's no hope for you.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jun 18th 2006 at 7:48 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
We are not the ones you have to convince when it comes to whether or not your marriage is genuine. You can know it in your deepest soul that your marriage is real... but if USCIS doesn't believe you - and they are under absolutly no obligation to believe you - then they can have you removed from the US. So, if you truly don't care about the decision USCIS makes... well then, you are an idiot.

I'll also mention here that you are not the only interfaith couple to frequent this newsgroup... and if you truly believe that no one here understands what you're going through... well, there's no hope for you.

Ian
Well - I'll wait till i receive a decision - they can't deny my case without another interview or request for more evidence.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Well - I'll wait till i receive a decision - they can't deny my case without another interview or request for more evidence.

Today I received a letter form INS:
Please сocometo the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with the adjustment of your status . Signed by Mary Ann Gantner, Director USCIS New York Distric Office.

My first and last name Alien# Date
reason for appointment DOCUMENT CHECK
Date and hour
ask for IMMIGRATION EXAMINER
Bring with you VALID PASSPORT
VALID ID
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

I called 800 number and they said that they don't know if that's a request for another interview. Because usually it is stated that the reason is AOS interview.

I gonna gather all the documents again and i don't know if I should come with my husband or not.
I'll try to go there on my own and if they need another iinterviewthen we will go for an interview together.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 5:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you bring your husband. Do not go without him. Make believe he is an American Express card and don't leave home without him.

Today I received a letter form INS:
Please сocometo the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with the adjustment of your status . Signed by Mary Ann Gantner, Director USCIS New York Distric Office.

My first and last name Alien# Date
reason for appointment DOCUMENT CHECK
Date and hour
ask for IMMIGRATION EXAMINER
Bring with you VALID PASSPORT
VALID ID
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

I called 800 number and they said that they don't know if that's a request for another interview. Because usually it is stated that the reason is AOS interview.

I gonna gather all the documents again and i don't know if I should come with my husband or not.
I'll try to go there on my own and if they need another iinterviewthen we will go for an interview together.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

jujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura about

Bring your husband to the interview. Do not go alone. Go as its your first interview. Bring eveything. Be as nice as possible. Do not be confrontational. this meetings are tough and are made to break you.

Good luck and update us on what happens.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi kaktus,

I agree with the others. Definitely bring your husband. Why risk going alone, only to be told no, you need to return AGAIN with your husband. Go together, and avoid yet another postponement.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: AOS interview and Training Dau in INS

Originally Posted by Rete
Of course you bring your husband. Do not go without him. Make believe he is an American Express card and don't leave home without him.
he said he is not coming unless for an interview.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

he said he is not coming unless for an interview.
Tell him it IS an interview.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.