Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview - Cincinnati

AOS Interview - Cincinnati

Old Feb 26th 2001, 7:40 pm
Jer & Missy

Hello Group,

Well my wife and I traveled once again to the Cincinnati INS office for our AOS
interview today. We got up bright and early to be to our interview at 8:30am. Upon
entering the Federal Building we passed through a medal detector, and of course it
went off for me so I stepped forward and the gentleman had me hold out my arms while
he used the wand over me saying "lets find this rocket launcher you got there". We got
to the INS office on the fourth floor by 8:00am and took a seat. I got out our
interview notice letter and I placed it in a tray they had assigned for it. A few
minutes later someone came by to pick up the letters that had been placed in the tray.
A couple minutes later my name was called, and I went to the window, I signed my name
twice and gave a print of my right index finger twice. I then retook my seat and we
waited for our names to be called. Right at 8:30am a lady came out from the back
offices and called our names. We then proceeded to an office in the back and took a
seat. I was asked for my passport and my wife was asked for some ID. We handed over
both our passports and my wife also handed the lady her drivers license. She examined
them and handed them back. She then proceeded to ask me a few simple questions that
were already on the I-485, things such as arrests, convictions, etc. She asked us if
we had any children. She also asked how long we had known each other. She asked my
wife if she had met my parents, which she answered "Yes", she then asked if they liked
her and if all was good with them, which the answer was also "Yes". The officer then
went over the Affidavit of Support to make sure all was okay. She did already have our
marriage certificate that was included with the application, so there was no need of
her to ask for that. Then said that all was good with the application except that the
fingerprints that I had done on Friday were rejected, "unclassifiable" was her
description. She said that I would have to have them redone before they could place
the stamp in my passport. She continued to explain that I would receive another notice
to have my fingerprints done, and after that if all went well I would receive a notice
in the mail from the INS office that my application is approved and I could bring that
in along with my passport and have the stamp placed in my passport. She mentioned that
I had EAD and AP and could continue to use them for work and travel if need be. She
mentioned that once I received the approval notice I should not use AP to travel, but
need to come to the office to have my passport stamped. She also mentioned the it
would probably be approximately 30 days after the fingerprinting before I heard from
them. The lady then stood up I asked her about my wife changing her address for the
Affidavit of Support as it was still the old address from when we submitted the AOS
paperwork. She said that since they had received my change of address letter that the
file was completely updated with our new address, and all was well with my wife's
Affidavit of Support. The lady then wished us a good day, we then left the office and
proceeded home. In closing all went well, though the trip on Friday was for a loss as
the prints were rejected anyhow. The officer didn't ask us to provide any proof of our
marital relationship together, we weren't asked for any utility bills, the joint
lease, statements from our joint bank account, or any of the photos we brought. The
only items we needed to furnish that they didn't already have were our IDs. I would
say it was a successful interview, I wasn't expecting to get the stamp in my passport
with my fingerprints only being taken on Friday, though it would have been great if I
had. This just means I need to make two more trips back to Cincinnati for the
fingerprinting and the stamp in my passport. I will be sure to update the group when
we find out more regarding new fingerprints and receiving notice from the Cincinnati
INS Office.

--
Jer & Missy Our Visa Site: http://my.voyager.net/~hockeybabe/visasite/ POE Rolling List:
http://www.k1poelist.com/

Old Feb 27th 2001, 10:46 am
Rete

Glad to here that you remain positive about this experience. Keeping fingers crossed for
you that INS honors their word and contacts you within the timeframe stated.

Don't have to tell ya where to post your results now do I?

Rita

>
    >
    >
for
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
seat.
    >