AOS Interview

Old Dec 4th 2017, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview

Originally Posted by BenK91
That's ridiculous.

I certainly would, it's free so it can't hurt. Especially if renewal times I keep seeing are to be believed.

Just to add - we have an infopass appointment tomorrow morning to ask why it's been just under a year with absolutely nothing. I'll mention about the EAD renewal and see if they can give me a more accurate timeframe.
Ah cool, please update. I assume you have seen that when the renewal is accepted you will receive an automatic 180 day extension?

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-ead-extension
Old Dec 4th 2017, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Ah cool, please update. I assume you have seen that when the renewal is accepted you will receive an automatic 180 day extension?

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-ead-extension
Good to know as I hadn't actually seen that.

I'll update you after we've made the horrendous drive in rush hour to our inevitably pointless InfoPass
Old Dec 19th 2017, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

All, as of 12/15 I am now a permanent resident.

Thanks all for encouragement and companionship through this process.

P.s. My online case status still hasn't updated.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally!

Awesome news and a good early Christmas present!
Old Dec 19th 2017, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Finally!

Awesome news and a good early Christmas present!
Thanks, Ben. Here's to you getting yours soon!

I ended up reaching back out to my congresswoman's office again last week as I hadn't heard anything. USCIS said they will get me an answer within 30 days. Well, that was the day they actually approved it. It took until today for the notice to arrive in the mail.

Maybe it was coincidence, or maybe my congresswoman's involvement jogged them along. Who knows?
Old Dec 19th 2017, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Ben. Here's to you getting yours soon!

I ended up reaching back out to my congresswoman's office again last week as I hadn't heard anything. USCIS said they will get me an answer within 30 days. Well, that was the day they actually approved it. It took until today for the notice to arrive in the mail.

Maybe it was coincidence, or maybe my congresswoman's involvement jogged them along. Who knows?
We spoke to our congressman a little while back, he came across as a bit of a tool to be honest and was zero help.

A lady my wife works with is going through exactly the same process and she said her and her husband had reached out to him for help too and ended up with the same opinion as us - so I think it's a no-go sadly.

I'll give it another 6-8 weeks and I'll make another InfoPass appointment. We fly to the UK on Thursday and I was really hoping to not have to use my AP but oh well
Old Dec 19th 2017, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

We spoke to our congressman a little while back, he came across as a bit of a tool to be honest and was zero help.

A lady my wife works with is going through exactly the same process and she said her and her husband had reached out to him for help too and ended up with the same opinion as us - so I think it's a no-go sadly.

I'll give it another 6-8 weeks and I'll make another InfoPass appointment. We fly to the UK on Thursday and I was really hoping to not have to use my AP but oh well
That sucks. Well have a safe trip to the UK!
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations!

Rene
Thank you! You've been around from the first Marriage Based Visas thread I posted. Thanks for the help along the way.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray! Finally! What a journey that was for you, Tom. Just in time to celebrate over the holidays, too. Congratulations!

Continued good luck to you with yours, too, Ben.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KK85
Hooray! Finally! What a journey that was for you, Tom. Just in time to celebrate over the holidays, too. Congratulations!

Continued good luck to you with yours, too, Ben.
Thanks.

Now to research global entry ahead of an expected busy few years of work international travel and back to the UK to see family.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 10:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Perhaps you will the new Ian and take his place on the status never updating even when and if you naturalize.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 10:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

She has more than one representative. There are state senators for both the state government and there are senators and house of representatives for the federal government.

Our biggest help can from our state's local representative to NYS.

Have a safe flight and a happy holiday.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not long before receiving my letter I submitted renewal for EAD.

I assume that will be denied and my EAD is now just a momento?

Also today received an official notice of action welcoming me to the USA.
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tracking my actual card said going to deliver Tuesday, then was updated to deliver tomorrow and finally deliver today. Currently holding my fresh green card.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.