AOS Interview

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview

Originally Posted by BenK91
So frustrating, really hope this moves along for you soon.

It's probably worse than waiting for an interview letter or approval letter!

It's realistically going to be over a year since me and my wife got married before I even have the internet, it's so frustrating that the time we've been married doesn't count toward the three year rule for citizenship!
Waiting for stuff to happen when it's completely out of your control is so frustrating.

After 13 months my husband's I-140 was finally approved 6 weeks ago and now we're waiting for the inevitable medical RFE on the I-485's. Hoping to have approval before Christmas but perhaps that's wishful thinking!
Old Oct 30th 2017, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

As an update to this I reached out last week to a tier 2 on the USCIS phone. They said they haven't got any update on if they received the medical.

As a result I got in touch congresswoman's office. Today they reached back out to me and said the office did receive my medical and should be adjudicated in the next 30 days and if successful have a green card in next 45 days.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. Now the waiting game til you get it in the mail.

Once our interview is scheduled I'm expecting an RFE for our medical as I just attached the vaccination supplement along with my AOS form so I'm sure similar to you I'll be making the trip to a civil surgeon to have the vaccination supplement transferred!
Old Oct 30th 2017, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. Now the waiting game til you get it in the mail.

Once our interview is scheduled I'm expecting an RFE for our medical as I just attached the vaccination supplement along with my AOS form so I'm sure similar to you I'll be making the trip to a civil surgeon to have the vaccination supplement transferred!
Honestly, i'd say just go ahead and get it transcribed.

This is not because they don't accept the vaccine supplement for K-1, it's because knightsbridge refuse to check the waiver checkbox for K-1 as they say it's a non-immigrant visa.

You won't likely get an RFE until your interview. And by then you're setting yourself up for a delay. They told me that the field offices are just swamped and they don't get chance to check prior to the interview.

Have you checked your field office's processing times and are you past it? If so, i'd talk to your local congressman/woman.

This wasn't my advice before, but now I wish I spent the couple hundred dollars prior to the interview. It would have been worth the peace of mind.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Honestly, i'd say just go ahead and get it transcribed.

This is not because they don't accept the vaccine supplement for K-1, it's because knightsbridge refuse to check the waiver checkbox for K-1 as they say it's a non-immigrant visa.

You won't likely get an RFE until your interview. And by then you're setting yourself up for a delay. They told me that the field offices are just swamped and they don't get chance to check prior to the interview.

Have you checked your field office's processing times and are you past it? If so, i'd talk to your local congressman/woman.

This wasn't my advice before, but now I wish I spent the couple hundred dollars prior to the interview. It would have been worth the peace of mind.
This is where we're at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processi...MHB7Ta9uMrbV9v (hopefully that works - if not, Denver is showing as of the 31st August they're processing October 19th 2016. We filed Jan 2017)!

I should look into getting it done, I was just concerned that it may have an expiration on it or something ridiculous like that!
Old Oct 30th 2017, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is where we're at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processi...MHB7Ta9uMrbV9v (hopefully that works - if not, Denver is showing as of the 31st August they're processing October 19th 2016. We filed Jan 2017)!

I should look into getting it done, I was just concerned that it may have an expiration on it or something ridiculous like that!
1 year.

If you're just going for vaccination supplement then you can get that done in one visit. I needed flu shot. If you're wanting full medical (which I did to be safe) then it will be a multi-visit as they won't sign off until your lab results are back.

Last edited by tom169; Oct 30th 2017 at 10:09 pm. Reason: Added some more info
Old Oct 31st 2017, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

You've all had such a horrible time of it with this, it seems.

As an update to this I reached out last week to a tier 2 on the USCIS phone. They said they haven't got any update on if they received the medical.

As a result I got in touch congresswoman's office. Today they reached back out to me and said the office did receive my medical and should be adjudicated in the next 30 days and if successful have a green card in next 45 days.
Glad things are getting there for you, finally!
Old Nov 15th 2017, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you had any luck yet Tom?
Old Nov 15th 2017, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you had any luck yet Tom?
Nope, the waiting game is very much alive.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nope, the waiting game is very much alive.
Bloody hell. Think of it as a Christmas present I guess?
Old Nov 15th 2017, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bloody hell. Think of it as a Christmas present I guess?
It's probably looking that way. I'm wanting to go back to England in February, but don't really fancy it without a green card in hand.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's probably looking that way. I'm wanting to go back to England in February, but don't really fancy it without a green card in hand.
Same situation as us, we're all booked up to back on the 21st December - 30th. I'd rather go with my GC but still no update on that so looks like the AP will come in handy.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Really hoping you’ve had an update..?
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Really hoping you’ve had an update..?
Me too... Nope. Considering filing my EAD renewal.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Me too... Nope. Considering filing my EAD renewal.
That's ridiculous.

I certainly would, it's free so it can't hurt. Especially if renewal times I keep seeing are to be believed.

Just to add - we have an infopass appointment tomorrow morning to ask why it's been just under a year with absolutely nothing. I'll mention about the EAD renewal and see if they can give me a more accurate timeframe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.