AOS Interview

Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview

They lost the updated I-693 vaccination report from the US doctor? Did you ask if you could retake it and send it to the agent that interviewed you?

How was the interview itself. Perhaps a more detailed synopsis would help others who are worried about the interview itself will help set some minds at ease.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
They lost the updated I-693 vaccination report from the US doctor? Did you ask if you could retake it and send it to the agent that interviewed you?

How was the interview itself. Perhaps a more detailed synopsis would help others who are worried about the interview itself will help set some minds at ease.
My file was split and she suspects the second half (which is somewhere else) has it.

As I was adjusting from K-1 and filed within a year a second medical shouldn't have been necessary. We had the vaccine supplement from Knightsbridge.

She said she is going to request the file which needs to be shipped to her. If the medical isn't there she will RFE. She wouldn't give any timescales. I suspect maybe a month.

Either way she will be in touch by snail mail.

For the rest of the interview it was very friendly. She loved looking through our wedding album. Probably spent a good 20 mins complimenting us on things. She went through the I-485 answers in a lot of detail.

It was nothing like CBP at the POE. It was conducted in her private office, just like if you're meeting with a bank manager. Very friendly and smiling woman who simply wanted to converse as humans.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

That’s pretty frustrating for you!

Sounds like it went great other than that though.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
That’s pretty frustrating for you!

Sounds like it went great other than that though.
Yeah, I've come to expect it though. For now life continues.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

vinnyboy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have interview next week , what docs did you take with you ?

Got my ead card today , thought it was junk mail at first . so wanted like 2 months ago , so I could do the driving etc . O well
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vinnyboy1979
We have interview next week , what docs did you take with you ?

Got my ead card today , thought it was junk mail at first . so wanted like 2 months ago , so I could do the driving etc . O well
Everything that was on the interview letter which is mainly originals of what was submitted originally.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the frustrations and delays, Tom. But glad the interview went well!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Did they give you a rough time-frame as to when they might have an update or be able to proceed?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Did they give you a rough time-frame as to when they might have an update or be able to proceed?
Nothing.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Nothing.
I would say I'm surprised but...

I'm tempted to raise another SR. I'm starting to see people that filed in Denver 2-3 months after us getting approved/getting interview notices and it's starting to bug me now!
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm tempted to raise another SR. I'm starting to see people that filed in Denver 2-3 months after us getting approved/getting interview notices and it's starting to bug me now!
If I've not heard anything in a few weeks I'll book an infopass at the same office as where my case is.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What is an SR?

I know it is frustrating when you seem to be the one left on the sidelines while you started the race before everyone else and you should have reached that finish line first and now appear to be a watcher rather than a participant. Over the last 20 years, I've seen this happen so often that it is not surprising and actually almost the norm. Someone has to be the one left behind and why does it have to be you.

Look at Ian. He filed 4 months ahead of us and yet we were finished nearly a year before him. At the time he and I filed, they were doing an experimental program in Dallas and Upper Michigan where if you were a K-1 recipient you walked your I-485 into the INS office and became a PR the very same day. Now that was not fair to those who were already waiting 20 to 24 months for adjustment.

More likely than not, your case is on someone's desk to be handled and for whatever reason, illness, vacation, overload, that person has not gotten to your file to send out an appointment notice. Without going back but going on the assumption that something was wrong with your submission since you speak of a representative's intervention prior to this, your file was taken out of normal sequence and that might well be the reason why it is languishing.

By all means, if you are over the time limit for adjudication by USCIS timelines, then involve your representative. If you are not, then you might want to hold off a while longer. The choice is yours.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 27th 2017 at 10:13 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:08 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by tom169
If I've not heard anything in a few weeks I'll book an infopass at the same office as where my case is.

Tom, you entered on a K-1. Your K-1 file has probably been sent to the Salt Mines in Lee's Summit for filing. This is one of the main filing centers for the USCIS. Once the district interviewing agent has requested the file from them, it is sent to them, in bulk, with other requests. From there it needs to be sorted and then sent to the appropriate person.

If you remember the name of the officer who interviewed you, send her a letter requesting an update.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Tom, you entered on a K-1. Your K-1 file has probably been sent to the Salt Mines in Lee's Summit for filing. This is one of the main filing centers for the USCIS. Once the district interviewing agent has requested the file from them, it is sent to them, in bulk, with other requests. From there it needs to be sorted and then sent to the appropriate person.

If you remember the name of the officer who interviewed you, send her a letter requesting an update.
Yeah, this is what was explained - though the officer didn't say where. I will follow your assumption of Lee's Summit.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

The officer working the case phoned me (which was appreciated) to say she is sending an RFE for a new vaccination supplement.

Knightsbridge don't check the box to say I've got all of the vaccinations and she didnt accept the note they stamp on the other side.

I'm going to go and have an entirely new medical done and be done with it. Hopefully I can get it done early next week.

That way I can send it all in to her and fingers crossed be approved before too long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.