AOS - I-864

Old Dec 6th 2016, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS - I-864

Originally Posted by Mangaboy84
Is it the tax return below?
The first one, yes!

Ian
Old Dec 6th 2016, 11:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the first option.

Rene
Old Dec 16th 2016, 2:05 am
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

having one last read before i post tomorrow, got the IRS transcripts.

always struggled to answer this type of question is it United Kingdom or Great Britain or England for the questions like country of citizenship and county of birth on the other forms?

so far i've got Great Britain, Uk for Citizenship and England, UK for Birth?

Just having last minute doubts i got it right then im thinking what did i tell the guy at SS office too lol
Old Dec 16th 2016, 4:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Any of the above would be fine.

Rene
Old Dec 16th 2016, 11:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... is it United Kingdom or Great Britain or England for the questions like country of citizenship and county of birth on the other forms?
It doesn't matter... all are equally correct.

... then im thinking what did i tell the guy at SS office too
SSA certainly isn't going to care!

Ian
Old Dec 16th 2016, 2:28 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, off to the post office then today
Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

having one last read before i post tomorrow, got the IRS transcripts.

always struggled to answer this type of question is it United Kingdom or Great Britain or England for the questions like country of citizenship and county of birth on the other forms?

so far i've got Great Britain, Uk for Citizenship and England, UK for Birth?

Just having last minute doubts i got it right then im thinking what did i tell the guy at SS office too. .....
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It doesn't matter... all are equally correct. ....
I doubt that any branch of the US government cares, and certainly most Americans I have ever met, are unaware that neither "England" nor "Great Britain" are actually countries - and certainly not for the purposes of nationality and issuing passports.

If you are British (or for that matter if you think of yourself as Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish) the country issuing your passport is "the united kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" (which is what it says on the cover of British passports), and is commonly shortened to "the United Kingdom".

Therefore the answer to both your questions is the "United Kingdom" or "UK".

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 16th 2016 at 8:39 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:48 pm
Conditional Resident

i have the same problem when someone asks where are you from, its annoying us Brits having 3 different country's to choose from and that its easier to just say near London lol.

Never thought as myself as English, just British but then i wouldn't put down UK because thats British & N.Irish

Anyway all done, posted and hopefully arrive in Chicago in the morning hopefully if the snow doesnt hit hard over the weekend. Hopefully not a big queue in front of my package
Old Dec 16th 2016, 9:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

i have the same problem when someone asks where are you from, its annoying us Brits having 3 different country's to choose from and that its easier to just say near London lol.

Never thought as myself as English, just British but then i wouldn't put down UK because thats British & N.Irish. ....
I tell people I am British, if they ask which country I usally say "England", but the country of birth is the United Kingdom, and yes, that includes Northern Ireland!

It certainly gets confusing, in part because there is no adjective derived from "the UK". Explaining it Americans is fairly easy though because "the UK is to the US as British is to American."
Old Dec 16th 2016, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I tell people I am British, if they ask which country I usally say "England", but the country of birth is the United Kingdom, and yes, that includes Northern Ireland!
I was born in Scotland. I don't consider myself as born in the UK... and what the UK government thinks is irrelevant to me in that respect.

Ian
Old Dec 16th 2016, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I was born in Scotland. I don't consider myself as born in the UK. ....
Though in fact you were.
and what the UK government thinks is irrelevant to me in that respect. ....
I knew you'd say that, but your/ a British passport says the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" on the cover, Britain's membership of the UN is under the name "United Kingdom" too.

What you or anyone else thinks about the name of the country and whether they consider themselves to be British, English, Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish, Cornish, Yorkshire or they associate themselves with any other component of the United Kingdom, has no bearing on the name of the United Kingdom.
Old Dec 17th 2016, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

My mother is Scottish, my father English, I was born in Germany.

I spent the first 16 years of my life living overseas.

I support England and Scotland in rugby, until they play each other then I support England.

I now live in the USA where I intend to become a citizen.

I consider myself a Brit, but obviously lean towards the English side, oh life is so confusing sometimes!!

Last edited by dj6372; Dec 17th 2016 at 6:22 am. Reason: damn formatting!
Old Dec 17th 2016, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm British to an American enquirer, Yorkshire to an English person, England to anyone else.

Legally always UK.
Old Dec 17th 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by tom169
I'm British to an American enquirer, Yorkshire to an English person, England to anyone else.

Legally always UK.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski

I'm assuming you class yourself as Yarkshire, even though you have been tainted by Glaaarster!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.